Ram

So im installing W7 64 Bit because im upgrading my ram,current ram is OCZ 1gb x2 @ 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1 Volts. @ 1066. Im going to order another 4gb (Total of 6gb of RAM),Do i need to get the same RAM Timings as to what i already have OR will me existing ram just underclock itself to meet the timings of the new RAM?

Always try to keep the GB sizes the same, the Timings the same, and the Speed the same, will get u the best performance.

ANd by GB sizes the same, i mean keep it so all DMMs have like 1GB each so if u have 4 slots all u can have is 4GBs max

Your RAM should underclock fine. Just try to get it from the same company and get the same model. The only thing I really look for in mismatched RAM in the CAS latency. But that's a personal choice because I can be OCD about these things sometimes.

Always try to keep the GB sizes the same, the Timings the same, and the Speed the same, will get u the best performance.

ANd by GB sizes the same, i mean keep it so all DMMs have like 1GB each so if u have 4 slots all u can have is 4GBs max

If he has 4 slots he could put 2GB sticks into each slot for 8GB RAM. He'd just have to completely replace his existing 1GB sticks.

Your current ram will under clock.
I would suggest trying to get the same type/kind/timings of ram. Then you can OC all of the ram together.

Make sure your particular chipset handles full DIMM slots well. Especially RAM that runs on 2.1v :|

That's what i have except its the 1066 version,i only have 4 DIMM Slot's and i want 6-8gb of ram. So im going to sell my existing RAM and Buy 2 kits of 4gb.

What the "Front Side Bus" on your system? Makes no sense to buy RAM that's faster than the "Front Side Bus" on your AMD HT thingy.

Back
Top Bottom