I am so disgusted with best buy

Remember the Constitution is just a sheet of paper these days. You have no right to a peaceful protest.
/minirant

Ok, so the computer was using 2 percent of its memory? USING? And just 1GB? I wish I could get my desktop to do that.. Lowest I've ever had it was 14 percent. Of course, I do have 4GB, lol.

2% ram usage is possible just have a core i7 with 4 or more gb ram and run damn small linux

Remember the Constitution is just a sheet of paper these days. You have no right to a peaceful protest.
/minirant

Yes. Indeed. The rights we should have no longer exist. What is our right? To shut up and do what the feds tell us to do.

2% ram usage is possible just have a core i7 with 4 or more gb ram and run damn small linux

lol right!

Anyway to update everyone.
I went today with her, this was a different guy.
He attempted to BS her, then I threw down some nerd talk and he immediately backed off.
They wanted $70.00 JUST for the diagnosis. That does not include fixing anything at all.

So I called BS and told her to not do it.

lol right!

Anyway to update everyone.
I went today with her, this was a different guy.
He attempted to BS her, then I threw down some nerd talk and he immediately backed off.
They wanted $70.00 JUST for the diagnosis. That does not include fixing anything at all.

So I called BS and told her to not do it.

Ahemm... "fixing".

You should take the same laptop to a couple different ones, and see what they all say is wrong. See how many different stories you get.

I read an article once about some people that just loosened a stick of RAM, and took the lappy to a couple different places. Only one actually stuck the RAM back in and didn't charge them One charged for a new mobo, but didn't actually replace it...

I saw something just like this but all they did was unplug the hard drive. It was ridiculous the things that they were saying about the computer when they were telling the customer what it was. Im pretty sure it was Fox news that did the investigation and Im pretty sure it was only geek squads they went to in my state and only 1 of them properly diagnosed the computer correctly out of like 5 and they did not charge for what they did. Other geek squads were telling them that there was a hard drive failure and that the computer has a virus even though they did not even get the thing running. They also tacked on a diagnostic fee for even looking at it. The funny thing was they came up with all this crap without even opening it because if they did its kinda hard not to notice that the plug was just hanging there. They didnt even try to hide the fact that the HDD was unplugged... :D:D

Yeah they are depressing, but then again they are people.
They have a family to support and they need money. I mean really, anyone will try to sell you stuff for money, so yeah for us computer-legit people it's saddening, but we have to remember, we need money to survive.

I just remembered something, When I bought my extended warranty with my laptop I'm not sure if that covered a direct replacement or if they just take it and fix it. I don't want geek squad (aka geekfraud) to force some stupid thing on me that will not fix it. I certainly can't afford to have that happen when i go to college.

I just remembered something, When I bought my extended warranty with my laptop I'm not sure if that covered a direct replacement or if they just take it and fix it. I don't want geek squad (aka geekfraud) to force some stupid thing on me that will not fix it. I certainly can't afford to have that happen when i go to college.

Having worked there years and years ago I can tell you and assure you that Geekfraud will be working on your laptop..Either them or their Service Center they use in some instances will repair the laptop..

Few things to remember. BestBuy sells two different warranties on their labtops. The first would be considered normal wear and tear, keys stop working, etc, etc. The second would be "ADH" or Accidental Damage by Handling warranty. It also comes with the same coverage as the previous, However this one covers it if you drop it, spill crap on it, etc, etc. NOTE*** All warranties come with 1 free battery replacement. NONE of these warranties cover ANY type of virus, or software related issues as they will just tell you all of that is user caused.

Now in terms of "Using" you warranty. Bestbuy will attempt to "repair" it for you, Now whether or not they fix it and you have to come back is another story. The ONLY way, and I mean ONLY way to get a NEW laptop is IF that laptop went in for the SAME repair three times at which point they will replace it. If its a different problem each and every time, It's a repair, NOT new laptop..

Heres where your going to get PISSED!:mad:

If it got repaired 3 times for the same thing and they grant you a new replacement, Don't get too happy because heres whats going to happen.

Obviously prices drop as years go on with laptops, ALOT...So FOR EXAMPLE:

If you bought a Sony Vaio for $2000 and it had 1GB of memory, integrated graphics, Pentium D processor, ETC....BestBuy WILL ONLY give you a new replacement "SPEC FOR SPEC" or whatevers closest in terms of performance. NOT, I repeat NOT what you paid for that Vaio years ago, because likely 2 grand would buy you MUCH MUCH more than what you got with it at the time.

I had to deal with VERY irate people because they thought they get a 2grand laptop...WRONG..Spec for Spec Bud.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

If you bought a Sony Vaio for $2000 and it had 1GB of memory, integrated graphics, Pentium D processor, ETC....BestBuy WILL ONLY give you a new replacement "SPEC FOR SPEC" or whatevers closest in terms of performance. NOT, I repeat NOT what you paid for that Vaio years ago, because likely 2 grand would buy you MUCH MUCH more than what you got with it at the time.

I had to deal with VERY irate people because they thought they get a 2grand laptop...WRONG..Spec for Spec Bud.

I wouldn't have it any other way. It's not fair to buy a laptop years ago and then have it replaced for a brand new one. Spec for spec. Fair and square. BestBuy does right.

Ever since the Red Scare people have relied on the government so much that they're scared of it. Back in the old days, if the people weren't happy they'd change things. Today, everyone hides in their little shell.

Back
Top Bottom