Windows 8

I dont update every time theres a new release of Windows. Heck, I use XP and am going to continue to do so for a long time. In case Windows 7 is like another Vista-- looks good in a quick evaluation, but problematic for a long time after the official release. Besides, jumping on the bandwagon every few years and buying a new OS is kind of a waste of money when you stop and think about it.

And I haven't bought an OS ever except the ones that came with the systems.
But still, W7 Home Premium Upgrade for $30 isn't bad, so why not go for it? I like W7. My next build will be using an DX11 card, so I want to take advantage of that and not use XP for it.
I don't know if you remember or tried it, but back when the pirated copy of Windows Vista was released, it took quite a lot of work trying to remove the genuine activation thing, and there was some updates you have to remember not to install, and if you didn't install any updates, it would be really buggy. With a legit copy, you won't have to deal with that.

Theoretically, Vista x64 Ultimate has a max 128GB of RAM.

So, how much RAM could 8 Ultimate handle with its fancy 128 bit architecture? LOL.

I look back now and wish I never bought Vista. W7 appears to be so much better.

Back
Top Bottom