I am so disgusted with best buy

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;981405 said:
I think it's pretty hilarious the things they come up with. Did anybody see the ps3 setup ad? $160 for best buy to install it and download the latest system software. I'm sure there are people that were dumb enough to do it too.

Oh I'm sure there was. You would not believe the amount of people I have seen talked into something they don't need. I was in Best Buy over the summer with my friend looking at there sound systems for cars.
(funny part is there was nothing at best buy to make his system better than it was in any way, but that's another story)

The amount of (sorry ladies) moms I seen getting sold into "well we will come in and set it up, download all the things you need for you".
They make it sound like it's this HUGE drawn out process to set something up..

With some common sense, the internet, and a helping hand. You can do almost anything..
Heck.. My friend (same friend with car) installed his rear windshield working together when both of us knew nothing about it.

It's actually pretty easy btw.

When I bought my my laptop I was offered geeksquad setup for 100$ but they said all they do is take the bloatware off the computer, get updates from windows update and install antivirus. I can do that all in under 15 min. sometimes I think about setting up shop in a bestbuy parking lot offering something like that for only 10$.

All you really need is a tent, electricity, internet connection ie rogers rocket stick and a monitor keyboard and mouse to pull that off.

When I bought my my laptop I was offered geeksquad setup for 100$ but they said all they do is take the bloatware off the computer, get updates from windows update and install antivirus. I can do that all in under 15 min. sometimes I think about setting up shop in a bestbuy parking lot offering something like that for only 10$.

All you really need is a tent, electricity, internet connection ie rogers rocket stick and a monitor keyboard and mouse to pull that off.

Lol I know right. Name it like Anti-GeekSquad Computer repair.

Name it nerd squad, then get a huge Cadillac.
You will be the exact opposite, a nerd, not a geek, you will actually do good work without ripping people off, and your worker's cars will be HUGE not the tiny Beetle :)

Name it nerd squad, then get a huge Cadillac?.
You will be the exact opposite, a nerd, not a geek, you will actually do good work without ripping people off, and your worker's cars will be HUGE not the tiny Beetle :)

Hell, if you're going to have a Cadillac, call it the Pimp Squad - where we beat the GEEKS every day.

ROFL. :D

Isnt that kind of illegal? I heard that if you do that, Best Buy has the rights to kick you off as you are within their property.

You should take the same laptop to a couple different ones, and see what they all say is wrong. See how many different stories you get.

I read an article once about some people that just loosened a stick of RAM, and took the lappy to a couple different places. Only one actually stuck the RAM back in and didn't charge them One charged for a new mobo, but didn't actually replace it...

Back
Top Bottom