New Build

i'd go for just 1 5870 and then when it gets cheaper then i'd crossfire it. the 5870 is nearly as powerful as 2 cards. i'd also go for the antec 1200 or the cooler master HAF 932.

Great CPU and RAM, I highly, highly doubt you will need a 1000W power supply, unless you plan to put a LOT more into that machine (wow $80 MIR on that PSU is nice, not sure about the brand reliability though (not saying its bad, just saying I have no personal experience with Tuniq), and its way too much power for your rig). I would recommend upgrading your case as well for a high-end machine... I'm using the Antec 1200 but the cooler master the post above me recommended is good too.

As for the videocard, you'd save money and get more performance with less power input with 1 HD 5870 ($380) than 2x HD 4890s ($200+$200).

i would recommend a different case, my 5870 barely fits in my HAF 932 (which is a full tower) also if you're planning on crossfireing 2 cards, i'd definently get a full tower. i recomend the azza solono or silverstone raven. get a 5870 (same reasons as computear).
that is a good cpu but since i prefer intel over AMD i think its worth looking into an i5 or the i7 860. computear is also right about the power suppply if you want a power supply with a lot of power and manufactured by a reputable company then go with this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139009

also you forgot to mention what dvd burner you're getting as well as what hard drive.

good luck

i would recommend a different case, my 5870 barely fits in my HAF 932 (which is a full tower) also if you're planning on crossfireing 2 cards, i'd definently get a full tower. i recomend the azza solono or silverstone raven. get a 5870 (same reasons as computear).
that is a good cpu but since i prefer intel over AMD i think its worth looking into an i5 or the i7 860. computear is also right about the power suppply if you want a power supply with a lot of power and manufactured by a reputable company then go with this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139009

also you forgot to mention what dvd burner you're getting as well as what hard drive.

good luck

so your saying that my vid card wont fit in the case that i pickd so its better to get either the azza solono or the silverstone raven but r u sure that these cases will have enough room for the vid card and also you said about that 850watt power supply the cables wont be in the way of anything will they

IF, you get a 5870 then definitely get a full tower, I wasnt saying you have to get the Azza Solano or the Silverstone Raven, i was just recommending them., with the 850 watt psu the cables wont get in the way of anything, you can just stick them through the cable managment holes in the case or just bunch them up by using cable ties, i highly doubt that any psu you get would have so many cables that it would block things you need to get to. I'm pretty sure the card will fit in any full tower case you get (definently the silverstone raven because the mobo is rotated 90 degrees on the inside, so the card would be vertical in the case instead of horizontal) by getting a mid tower case you're making a gamble whether it will fit or not however.

Back
Top Bottom