Random Chit Chat

Is anyone here still having problems with the seagate 1.5TB drives even after the firmware upgrade? I think mine just froze up today causing a bluescreen.
Or could this be a different issue.

Is or /WAS/ it a 7200.11 1.5Tb with OEM firmware SD1A? I upgraded my 7200.11 500GB (32Mb) to AD14 and it still had an issue with the actuator arm.

The 7200.10/11 series were very buggy. I tried to stay away at all costs, but the gen12 wasn't quite out when I needed a new drive.
I don't know if the 1.5Tb's should go to AD14, but I'll give you a link so you can check (incase you haven't already upgraded to the latest firmware)

http://seagate.custkb.com/seagate/crm/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=207931

Hope this all helps you.

I have SD1A which was upgraded from SD17.

I was mistaken and couldn't remember correctly. SD1A is what I upgraded to from AD14. It's quite possible that the drive is still having issues. I would make an image of the drive as soon as possible and file in for an RMA before any warranty expires. The 7200.12 Tb drives have gotten good reviews so SG must have done a nice job on them. :)

I made a small wishlist on what I plan on buying for my next build, and it totaled up to $1600 without shipping (With monitor, mouse, etc). Good thing I don't plan on building it till around next summer. Hopefully, it would reduce down to about $700-900.

Back
Top Bottom