Is Networking as had as it seems?

logan6480

Baseband Member
Is networking that hard to learn and are there any sites that have some good study guides i plan on going to collage for computers and really needed some advice on the matter. Thanx

What aspect of networking do you want to learn? It's a huge topic. Are you talking about designing large networks, the theory such as the 7 layer model and on what layers different protocols work, the practical side of setting up networks and plugging things in, how to design programs so they're distributed and run well over networks, the practical issues behind distributed applications and how you can work around them, or a bit of everything...?

Generally though, it's not too hard to get started and like most areas if you work hard at it you'll come out having learnt a lot :)

I would recommend starting with asking questions in this forum. I myself am doing self study (with the help of this forum) and my major here at the University of Idaho is Management Information Systems (MIS). Go to Barnes and Noble or Hastings, they have some good books to read up on.

I think if you are going to college for networking, you'll learn everything you need to know. I went to college to a 2 year tech school and had never even opened a computer. I came out with enough knowledge to land a tech job at a repair/service shop for a year and then moved on to a full Network Admin managing 2 servers, 500+ computers and about 1100 users.

Back
Top Bottom