Core i7 920 confusion

REGNARTS_

Baseband Member
Ok. So I just got done building the computer with core i7 920 and I'm getting confused on the two different clock speeds on the pics below. Can someone help explain? Thanks in advance.

adhzpg.png

AND

rhih6q.png

id think you'd hafto flash your mobo?
its not reading the right core speed, i dont think.
I maybe wrong though.

Hmm. When I restart the computer, both software shows the default clock of around 2.6Ghz with 24 Multiplier. After about a minute, "EasyTune6" goes to 260 Multipliers with and "CPU-z" goes to 12 Multipliers and the clock speed changes as indicated by the pictures above.

Is this part of I7's Turbo Boost Technology? If it is, then howcome cpu-z isn't showing the same thing?

You've probably got some kind of 'Eco' setting on thats down clocking your set-up when idling to save power.

You've probably got some kind of 'Eco' setting on thats down clocking your set-up when idling to save power.

Go into the BIOS and disable the CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) & CPU EIST Function located in the Advanced CPU Menu.

it could be that the first program finds the max speed
and CPU-Z just shows current speed (i know that as a fact)
if you start a stress test with CPU-Z open you will see those clock speeds rise and hit the peak

Alright, thanks guys. I did disable CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) & CPU EIST Function and cpu-z and core temps did detect the right core clock. I also did a stress test with CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) & CPU EIST Function enabled and it also show the peak cpu clock. I decided to go with the information that cpu z and core temps displayed, but why would easytune display something totally different and that huge?

Back
Top Bottom