Advice on Driving

initiate a drift with your car on corners and floor the gas pedal on straightaways. on long straight highways, switch from lane to lane skillfully and quickly to get the drivers pissed at your recklessness.
Exactly the behaviour that can and should get you taken off the road for good. There's too many idiots driving around as it is.

My best advice.

Just drive safely. Even if the speed limit is say 60,dont be afraid to go at 55 or even 50 if you feel uncomfortable going at the speed limit of that road. Also make sure to keep your wits about you!

Sound, solid advice and really some of the best anyone could give. Only thing I'd add is practice - if you're driving for a decent amount every day your reactions and suchlike will tend to sharpen up as you get used to things :)

I live in Ohio and those darn Michigan drivers are crazy. I live about 2 hours from Michigan so i pass them, well actually they fly pass me, on the highway all the time... LOL just poking fun.

It's just the speed limit up there is higher than in Ohio. Indiana probably says the same thing about Ohio drivers cuz theres is lower. (I live about an hour from there).

Hell, people from ohio are nuts. In my county, speed limit is 60 on the highway, and I was going 70 in the right lane and people were FLYING past me on the left.

Back on topic:

Semis: they like to go about 50 up big hills, and 80+ down them. Why? They weight 40 tons (80,000 lbs) and needs every bit of that speed they gain going down hills to get back up the next. DO NOT under ANY circumstances play police and try to slow them down. Not only are you contributing to the quite possibly deadly phenomenon known as brake fade by making them ride the brakes (because trucks gain more speed going down a hill than a car) you are forcing them to slow down even more on the next hill, which will only help to congest traffic. If you are in the right lane, expect to go slow up hill, and then have trucks up your butt down hill. If there is one close behind you, give it gas and get going faster. Police will ticket him over you because it is a much more expensive ticket, but still be on the lookout.

Also, don't linger next to them because if they loose a tire, you are as good as dead. When they loose tires, they swerve across traffic as they fight to regain control of their rig, which often means anybody in adjacent lanes is hit.

Back
Top Bottom