Free anivirus question

i use avg it i dont like it.. just thought if there were any better anti-virus software out there....

Sorry if you were replying to me. I was refering to this post:

It's not really helpful to post something so harsh unless there is a reasoning behind it.

i like Avira/Avast over AVG, mostly because when i know someone uses AVG and they get a virus, i bring my flash drive over to there house, throw on Avira/Avast and bam! KO's the virus that AVG let slip, could also be the users fault to though.

i like Avira/Avast over AVG, mostly because when i know someone uses AVG and they get a virus, i bring my flash drive over to there house, throw on Avira/Avast and bam! KO's the virus that AVG let slip, could also be the users fault to though.

I've never gone wrong with spybot / avg as a combo, anything that AVG hasn't fixed spybot has after a bit of persuasion, or at least cleared it up enough for me to sort out the remnants! In my experience though AVG is rather good. I'm not sure the above logic is really justified - I'm sure there's viruses that Avast or Avira might let slip but AVG wouldn't, it's just the chances of one slipping through both are rather slim! As you point out it could also be user error, if you're using 5 year old virus definitions the best software on the planet won't help you.

avg sucks, avast! is the best.
As said above, you need to back yourself up on that one with some hard facts or figures, otherwise your opinion is completely meaningless. Lesson of the day - generally when people make rash statements and don't back themselves up they're wrong ;)

^And your reasoning is....???

it doesn't have an ON ACCESS scanner, which means it allows u to download viruses, and then it only deletes them when they've already been installed on your computer, avast! has an on access scanner that actually BLOCKS the virus from ever being installed on your computer. thats why

this actually happend to me, and to get rid of the virus I had to do a system restore to get rid of it.

^That is a much better post. And a legitimate claim. AVG does not have a 'live' scanner. I did not know that about Avast.

Back
Top Bottom