router question

h3llfir3

Solid State Member
is it bad to connect to your routers config with wireless? What is it okay to change in the config when connected with wireless to the router?
I connected from my laptop to the routers config with wireless and changed some options in the menus but didnt save anything. I did get one error message and now my internet is running very slow. could i have damaged my router?

no, you can't damage your router by editing the config over wireless.

the only reason this would be bad is if you cut off yourself.

No you didn't damage it. There is no difference connecting via wire or wireless. You really shouldn't have changed things unless you needed to. Try unplugging the modem and router, leaving them out for 20 seconds, plug in the modem, give it 5 seconds to boot, plug in the router, let it fully boot and then try the interent again and see if that makes a difference.

no, you can't damage your router by editing the config over wireless.

the only reason this would be bad is if you cut off yourself.

so you mean if i get disconnected its bad? but thats what happened..

so what is okay to do wirelessly and what is not? in terms of configuring things

You can configure everything wirelessly. There is nothing bad or wrong about it.

I think he was talking about change the settings like turning off the wireless or changing the key so that you aren't able to login anymore.

Back
Top Bottom