Upgrading Various Parts

TheDmac

Beta member
Alright here's what's happened.

My motherboard is on it's way out. Already the PCI-E slot and PCI slot's no longer work and it's only time before the whole motherboard goes. Basically i just need someone to proof check this to make sure it all works, So i don't go out and waste my money on parts that wont work together.

So i've found a new Motherboard, The Gigabyte GA-M85M-US2H. Along with that, I've also decided to purchase a AMD Phenom 2 x3 720 2.8Ghz CPU, A new Antec EarthWatts 650W PSU and a Antec 200 case. Now, I've always just bought a PC and upgraded it from there. So doing this is new (As i'm nearly building a whole new PC).

What i'm wondering is, Is all that compatable with each other and seeing as i already have the RAM, Video card, HDD, DVD Drive, Monitor and all that is that all i need to have a fully functional PC? I've already made sure my existing parts work with the motherboard by checking the Gigabyte website, I'm just making sure the new parts are all good with each other.

Also, Please no ''Buy this, It's a lot better then that'' as i am on a tight budget! I've made the choices.

Thanks!

That is definitely compatible. I would also like to compliment you on your choice of parts. The PII x3 720 is an excellent processor. If you excuse Intel's Turbo Boost technology on the new LGA1156, this processor is probably the most efficient out there. At the moment, 3 cores is the optimized amount.

You might want to consider getting a Xigmatek HDT-S1283. It is a $30 HSF that will allow you to OC that PII like no other. It's a very good chip and would benefit for the after-market HSF.

Alright, Thanks a lot mate for clearing this all up with me. Just needed to make sure before i go out there and buy all these parts.

All this will come to $445 AUD which as far as i know is fairly cheap as well.

My motherboard is on it's way out. Already the PCI-E slot and PCI slot's no longer work and it's only time before the whole motherboard goes. Basically i just need someone to proof check this to make sure it all works, So i don't go out and waste my money on parts that wont work together.

Sounds like the work of a cheap power supply..

Good choice on the new power supply :)

Back
Top Bottom