Built New System- Vista x64 Keeps Locking Up!!

oo that last post contains a clue, rts usually isnt graphically intensive but VERY memory intensive.

oo that last post contains a clue, rts usually isnt graphically intensive but VERY memory intensive.

I don't see how it could be the memory though. I ran two passes on the memory in memtest86+ and it found no errors. Also, the exact memory I bought is listed in the memory support list for my motherboard.

Since your ram and hard drive tested fine, I'd start blaming your motherboard.

Try to get that driver installed right, either with the cd that came with it or on the gigabyte website.

Since your ram and hard drive tested fine, I'd start blaming your motherboard.

Try to get that driver installed right, either with the cd that came with it or on the gigabyte website.

There's not really anything I can do to get the driver installed right. I've tried it numerous times from the cd and the website. Are you sure it's not the old graphics card I'm using the could be causing the problems? Maybe the board doesn't work well with pci express 1.0 cards?

There's not really anything I can do to get the driver installed right. I've tried it numerous times from the cd and the website. Are you sure it's not the old graphics card I'm using the could be causing the problems? Maybe the board doesn't work well with pci express 1.0 cards?

I really don't think your graphics card would have anything to do with it unless of course you had issues with it before, pci express 2.0 slots are backwards compatible with 1.0 cards.

Okay, well then what I need to figure out is how to get the Northbridge Filter Driver installed. If the ATI installer I downloaded from the website won't do it and neither will the one on the cd, then how the hell am I supposed to get it installed? Hopefully someone who has had this driver installation problem will come across this thread.

I forgot to ask anyone, did I run enough memtest86+ passes? I ran 2 passes and it reported 0 errors. I'm wondering if memtest is not always correct and the memory is the problem. Should I run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool?

Okay, well then what I need to figure out is how to get the Northbridge Filter Driver installed. If the ATI installer I downloaded from the website won't do it and neither will the one on the cd, then how the hell am I supposed to get it installed? Hopefully someone who has had this driver installation problem will come across this thread.

I forgot to ask anyone, did I run enough memtest86+ passes? I ran 2 passes and it reported 0 errors. I'm wondering if memtest is not always correct and the memory is the problem. Should I run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool?

Doesnt look like anyone else wants to give any insight on this thread anymore?

In my experience with memtest it will find errors on the first try if there are any to be found so I'd go ahead an assume your ram is fine.

If you'd like to save some time in the long run I'd go ahead and get your motherboard replaced, if it comes back and the same issues continue than you can at least rule the motherboard out.

I'm pretty sure I can forget about this being a driver problem now, because I just booted from a fresh install of XP and the same thing happens, so it's definitely the hardware. I'm not going to get new ram if I get no errors in memtest or windows memory diagnostic, so it's down to the motherboard and the graphics card. Which is more likely to be the cuplrit? I did get a few bluescreen errors yesterday and after searching the error code on google, i discovered they were graphics related.

Is there a program I can use to test my graphics card for errors?

Back
Top Bottom