nvidia...

yeah it is. But the nice thing about it? ATI will not suffer any reprocussions for monopoly and anti-trust laws. Simply because another business failing to run their business successfully has no legal matters with ATI. So ATI gets more economic power, with out any legal issues. If I were ATI, I would be eyeing the stock of NVidia. Once they get low enough, buy all the shares and own the company. You get economic power AND additional assets AND more stock holders equity, which will in turn increase ATI's stock prices and will in turn cause more people invest in ATI which will in turn cause the high ups to make even more money... Can you say externalities?
Then ATI has a monopoly and they are split up by the government.

The Fermi (GT 300) card was a fake, and Jen-Hsun Huang (CEO) does come across as one hell of an arsehole, but take anything written by Charlie at Semiaccurate with a grain of salt. He has held one hell of a grudge against Nvidia since they screwed him over a while back. He always tries to put them down in any way possible. Yields probably aren't great since it's such a huge chip, but 2% is ridiculous.

Disabling PhysX support with their latest driver when an ATi card (Running an ATi card for graphics processing and an Nvidia card for PhysX) is used in the system was not a good move though IMO. It just alienates the online communities (If you're a member of XS, you'd know that Nvidia is pretty hated ATM).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR45ja_fNzU - I LOL'ed.

Haha, that's funny. I've seen a lot of these videos, what's the orginal source?

I'm going back to ATI for my next build because they are fairly cheap, and I could use the extra on the mobo and CPU if possible. Unless nVidia ends up selling one better than ATI for the same or small difference in price.

Back
Top Bottom