about to order final parts for new build

i dont want to get a 1156 proc. Intels i9's are all going to use 1366 (or so i've heard)

what about the i7 950?

stick with the 920, the 950 costs twice as much as the 920 for a tiny increase in speed. if the money is really burning a whole in your pocket then use it to buy a second monitor or windows 7 ultimate. when you're buying the operating system then make sure that you find a version labeled as OEM. it costs half as much as the retail versions and the only difference is that you dont get a fancy case for it. check out the antec 1200 case, it looks really nice and costs less than that coolermaster case and has better air flow. you could also spend some of that extra money on a good mouse and keyboard. check out the logitech G9 mouse

i have the logitech g9x already :) maybe g19
difference between OEM and regular is that regular can be installed more than once. which i'm probably going to need. I'm not changing the case, i really like the Haf 932 so i'm not going to change that, but if you guys really think the 920 is worth it, then i guess i'll have to get it

but if you guys really think the 920 is worth it, then i guess i'll have to get it

Worth it? I think the 920 is the 'best buy' i7 available. The i7 975 = way more money than sense.

The 920 and 975 OC to pretty much similar speeds on air.
The 920 is considerably cheaper than the 975.
Getting the 920 running @ 975 stock clock speeds is easy.

Even if I had the money to get the 975 i'd walk to the 920 and enjoy spending the money I saved on something else.

The balls in your court.

:D

alrite i'm ordering mobo, RAM, cpu, etc next week
order case, heatsink, and psu yesterday

coming in three days i'll post pics

NewEgg has been having free shipping on alot of their stuff. Including the CM-690 I picked up for only 70 dollars :O.

Back
Top Bottom