Usb Help!!

faze0ne

Beta member
Hi, i have been battling all night trying to fix my usb.. The problem is that every time i try to access it, it gives me this message: "THE DISK DRIVE I IS NOT FORMATTED. DO YOU WANT TO FORMAT IT NOW"? I've uninstalled and re-installed the drivers, ran several scans which none of them could even scan it, done a disk check etc. Nothing has worked and now i cant even format it.. ive tried several different ways of formatting including actual formatting software and nothing seems to work.. Could this be a nasty virus?? Anyone with helpful suggestions? I really need that data back :(

What USB device is it that your trying to use? I'm assuming its a flash drive.

Have you tried to format it?

EDIT:

Apologies! Missed the last paragraph. Have you tried it on another computer?

Formatting would wipe out all that you have on it anyway, so formatting isn't the solution at all.

Its possible your USB stick is corrupt, and I'm sorry if that is the case.

Before we conclude that though, did you by any chance password protect the device, so if you open it up in Windows Explorer, it asks for one, which would open the data?

Have you tried another USB stick?

I think you should try another USB device. Another flash drive or even a mouse/keyboard would tell you if it's the drive or the port. I'd bet it's the drive though. See if you can try another one or one from a family or friend.

I've tryed it on two other computers and the same thing happenes, i've also tried it on many other ports and still nothing, im guessing its completely f*ckd?? Kage, i did'nt password protect the device, doesnt ask for anything just that annoying message..

Back
Top Bottom