Help with Wine

dbzkid

In Runtime
I need help with wine, I've installed it and everything, but the problem is putting in the real dll's I have a valid xp installation on another hard rive but i haven't the slightest clue on how to make wine use the dll's I know wine uses its own dll's but since i have real ones i would like to use my one. Some programs run on wine, but others dont run at all and that is the problem that i am having.

Hi,

I don't know if wine will work with dll's from and xp installation. Can you tell me what programs aren't working for you, and I can try and come up with something to help you?

Cheers!

well ms office 07, ive been haveing an issue with that, like it also would be nice to play some games as well but mostly ms office

so is wine pretty much the same idea as ndiswrapper? ive got kubuntu on an 80gig maxtor and im trying to get my wireless card to work but its driving me nuts.

Hi,

Can you tell me what version of Office you are trying to run?

so is wine pretty much the same idea as ndiswrapper?

The simple answer is no. WINE stands for Wine Is Not an Emulator. ndiswrapper is more of an emulator in that it takes the windows drivers and wraps them around the linux kernel so that it will run them. I can help you with it but I would like you to start a new thread so that people don't get confused.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom