HT question! for AM2+ on AM2 board

tist0061

Solid State Member
I was thinking about upgrading to an AM2+ quadcore on my current board but i may not depending on the performance.

*This message refers to my question. as listed from my mobo manufacturer (gigabyte)

Note: If you install AMD AM2+ CPU on AM2 motherbord, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0(5200MHz) to HT1.0(2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM2+ CPU will not be impacted. Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.

I'm not exactly sure how AMD's FSB/HT, or whatever you want to call it, works in this case. The new CPU runs at 3600MHz but my board runs at 1000MHz Hyper Transport (2000 MT/s). Will there be a performance drop if i use this board instead of a HT3 (5200MHz) board. :confused: My main concern is gaming
-----
edit: hello forumers btw. any help is appreciated. :)

unless hes talking maybe a 940 OCd, i got no idea what proc hes talking about.

kinda important information is missing, lol.

/windows32error

Oh hes talking about the HyperTransport :p though he was taking about Operating Frequency.

CPU runs at 3600MHz but my board runs at 1000MHz Hyper Transport (2000 MT/s)

thought u were confusing its actual clock speed and HT together, sorry.

but i would think that there would be a decrees in speed from the proc to the mobo because of the HT speed. How much of a drop, i dont know.

thought u were confusing its actual clock speed and HT together, sorry.

but i would think that there would be a decrees in speed from the proc to the mobo because of the HT speed. How much of a drop, i dont know.

ya this was my main question, sorry. i guess i could always test it on my current board and upgrade if the speed is under par.

Back
Top Bottom