Hi all, I'm back.

Thrasher

Daemon Poster
Been something like a year since I last posted here, not sure if any of you remember me. I eventually had a new computer built and I'm just finishing an IT networking cert4 at the moment. I'm building a new gaming PC in a couple weeks using the i7 chipset and I want to get Windows7 64bit so I'll probably have a couple questions.

I don't remember you I don't think, but welcome back. :)

I wish I could build an i7 computer but best of luck to you. What Questions do you have?

I wish I could build an i7 computer but best of luck to you. What Questions do you have?

Mostly deciding what frequency RAM to use with a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R motherboard and the i7-920 processor. The motherboard supports 800-2000Ghz RAM but the Intel website only has 800 & 1066Mhz listed under memory types :\ does that mean I'd have to overclock? There's a couple good parts shops where I live but they don't sell much 1066Mhz DDR3.

Mostly deciding what frequency RAM to use with a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R motherboard and the i7-920 processor. The motherboard supports 800-2000Ghz RAM but the Intel website only has 800 & 1066Mhz listed under memory types :\ does that mean I'd have to overclock? There's a couple good parts shops where I live but they don't sell much 1066Mhz DDR3.

If I understand, you would not have to overclock. I think it just accepts those speeds. I would link you to newegg, but you're in Australia (great place by the way) so i can't do that. But they should be compatible.

Back
Top Bottom