Random Chit Chat

Note to self:

Be weary when buying a Case with a PSU in it. The last time you did, Joe, There where several screws loose inside of the said PSU, resulting in a loud bang, and a broken PSU.

[/note to self]

Luckily I had a spare PSU. The server is working fine now, I'm just installing some windows update updates :)P)... I will then install a DHCP Server, DNS Server and Active Directory.

Wheyy :D

Note to self:

Be weary when buying a Case with a PSU in it. The last time you did, Joe, There where several screws loose inside of the said PSU, resulting in a loud bang, and a broken PSU.

That happened to me too. Kind of, I accidentally dropped my CMOS battery in the PSU (PSU located on the bottom of the case), and I was too annoyed to try and get it out (trying to get the computer to work for over an hour). So I left it in there, and turned on my computer. Goodbye PSU.

Yeah :(.

Well, at least it wasnt an expensive PSU. I'm 99.99% sure that it came with screw's in it...

Active Directory and DNS Server installed. I'm setting it up as a DHCP server now :p

Had some issues with crcdisk.sys, fixed them in the end though... I cant say i'm 100% sure as to how I managed it, but it involved deleting crcdisk.sys from within Safe Mode...

All is well. DHCP is fine, DNS is working and Active Directory is great! A good experience.

I'm going to have another mess around with Group Policy now! :D

All is well. DHCP is fine, DNS is working and Active Directory is great! A good experience.

I'm going to have another mess around with Group Policy now! :D

doesn't one of those control lists of who can access shared resources? Because I remember when editing one a while ago it said something about a list of people or computers that could access it, and I googled it out of curiosity and that's about how far I ever got with ever figuring that out.

Back
Top Bottom