Recomend Me a Netbook...

So...

....Sold my laptop because i only ever use it too surf the internet,and i want something smaller. So i Sold it for a reasonable amount and now want to buy a decent netbook! Any recomendations? It's gonna be for Surfing the internet,Watching Videos and maybe some *Basic* Gaming (Age Of Empires II?).

Well, good luck gaming on one. But i'd recommend the acer aspire ones. I had one and loved it.

I Have my PSP For Gaming,the only game i'd want to play on it would be Age of Empires and it doesnt excactly need a gaming computer:

• A multimedia PC with a Pentium 90 or faster processor.
  • Microsoft Windows 95 operating system or later, or Windows NT Workstation 4.0 with Service Pack 3 or later.
  • 16 megabytes (MB) of random access memory (RAM) for Windows 95, or 24 MB of RAM for Windows NT (or for an 8-player multiplayer game in Windows 95/98).
  • 80 MB of available hard disk space.
  • 50 MB of available disk space for swap file.
  • A local Bus SVGA video adapter with 1 MB of Video RAM and a color SVGA monitor.
  • A keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device.
  • A double-speed (2X) or faster CD-ROM drive for gameplay, or a quad-speed CD-ROM drive for cinematics.
  • A Windows-compatible sound card with speakers or headphones to hear sound playback.
  • A 28.8 kilobytes per second (KBPS) or faster modem for head-to-head or Internet play.
And Maybe some old DOS Games running through DOS Box,and maybe,just maybe (If it can handle it,doubt it though) urban terror (Done some research,the MSI Wind im looking at can get an average of 30fps on this game when setup corectly.)

Nah,Im Really liking the MSI Wind U100+. It's got the Intel N280 CPU,Wifi B/G AND N And a card reader,all really nice features i want and i can get it for around $480 AUD.

Nah,Im Really liking the MSI Wind U100+. It's got the Intel N280 CPU,Wifi B/G AND N And a card reader,all really nice features i want and i can get it for around $480 AUD.

Not a bad choice, the only thing i do dislike about my netbook is the small 8.9" screen and that wind has 10" screen so

The 10" screen seems to be the 'normal' size now for netbooks. The N is nice. The Processor is good to. I don't know that I'd pay that much for a netbook though. But if that's what you like it looks pretty good.

I'd go with the Eee PC 1000HE. Im obviously biased since I own one, but the 10 hour battery life, B/G/N + Bluetooth, N280 Processor, and price ($370) made it a winning combination for me.

So...

....Sold my laptop because i only ever use it too surf the internet,and i want something smaller. So i Sold it for a reasonable amount and now want to buy a decent netbook! Any recomendations? It's gonna be for Surfing the internet,Watching Videos and maybe some *Basic* Gaming (Age Of Empires II?).

One thing to be aware of on netbooks with 10" screens running at 1024x600 resolution is that some of the colors might be off when running Age of Empires II. I know because I ran this game on my Acer Aspire One (10" version) and noticed some weird colors, especially on the water areas. Other than that the game ran fine.

I own a Dell Mini 9 (I don't know if they still sell that but anyways) and besides the small screen size and keyboard (you'll get used to them pretty fast), it's actually pretty good.

If you have fast internet, you can do about 80% of your daily PC activities on the netbook.

Back
Top Bottom