server backing

iffy

In Runtime
I have a server system with allsorts of port configurations, permissions, settings etc. I want to know how I should back up the system up? And what if the complete system was to go kaboom, what options would I have to get the same settings up and running on another system?

Hi,

Can you tell us more about your server system. What os you are running, and what servers you have on it.

I am going to guess that this is for a system that is running at work as supposed to at home. So money can become an issue, I will do a little looking and see what type of systems are out there for you, but what the server runs is the most important thing to look first.

Cheers!

Yes we are going to need more info about your server and what you have running on it and what roles it performs.

most backup software should let you back up the system state. this will include a lot of the windows settings.

again most backup software will retain permissions, so when you backup the files and folder the NTFS permissions on the files will also remain.

but port configurations etc will depend on what program they are configured in

yes more info. Also does this server have a RAID configuration? If it has something such as a RAID 5 config i wouldnt even worry about backing it up, i would just back specific data on the server you would like to keep

Back
Top Bottom