Prious = FAIL

superman22x

Golden Master
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/6643436.html

HAHHAHAHA. stuck accelerator. At least it's a Prious, car can barely accelerate as it is.

And for once, the press reports on a foreign car defect or recall...

How many have heard about the Frame Rot recall in the Toyota Pickups? Or the door panel welds that just fall apart on so many Toyotas, bad gas tanks, water can get trapped in the brake booster in Corollas and xDs causing power breaks to go out if it freezes... That's moving forward now isn't it?
Quote from a guy at CTR

I worked for toyota for 7 years and I have wondered were they got thier reliability reputation from.

And, there have been deaths related to problems like this.
http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1...Audio_of_Fatal_120_MPH_Accident_As_It_happens

It's not hard. If you accelerator sticks;

Gear selector to neutral.

Turn off ignition.

Apply brake.

Signal to get off the road.

Get off the road.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/6643436.html

HAHHAHAHA. stuck accelerator. At least it's a Prious, car can barely accelerate as it is.

And for once, the press reports on a foreign car defect or recall...

How many have heard about the Frame Rot recall in the Toyota Pickups? Or the door panel welds that just fall apart on so many Toyotas, bad gas tanks, water can get trapped in the brake booster in Corollas and xDs causing power breaks to go out if it freezes... That's moving forward now isn't it?
Quote from a guy at CTR

Lol wow.. Hm. Well I suppose that is one way you could get out of a ticket.. But officer! The accelerator was stuck!

Haha... I like how they want you to stand on the brake THEN put it in neutral.

You should be able to shift to neutral while you are going, I do it all the time in my car. The gear shifts are designed to let you make those shifts without too much of a risk of going into reverse or park.

It's just like pushing in the clutch. If the accelerator is stuck, hitting the brakes wont help much.

I love people who drive Prius's and think it's more healthy for the environment. It's not!

The cost/time/emissions required to mine the lithium produces far more pollution than regular fossil fuels.

Food for thought. No, that's a double angus bacon cheeseburger for thought.

I love people who drive Prius's and think it's more healthy for the environment. It's not!

The cost/time/emissions required to mine the lithium produces far more pollution than regular fossil fuels.

Food for thought. No, that's a double angus bacon cheeseburger for thought.

Yea, more powerful gas engines are the way of the future IMHO. I'm sure a 2 cylinder turboed direct inject engine will have plenty of power, and get a good 35-45 MPG.

Yep. I think diesel is going to absolutely take off before too long. VW makes that new diesel Jetta that has more power and is MUCH more fuel efficient than the Prius.

And it doesn't look like a toy.

Yep. I think diesel is going to absolutely take off before too long. VW makes that new diesel Jetta that has more power and is MUCH more fuel efficient than the Prius.

And it doesn't look like a toy.

oh yea, I totally forgot about diesel. It'll take off...... if the EPA can ever wrap its mind around how much cleaner it is. People always associate diesels with thick nasty black smoke and think that its worse when it really isn't. That's why fewer and fewer companies are making diesel engines for cars, and thanks to Obama GM and Chrysler are gonna have to stop making diesel pickups.

Yep, hit the nail on the head.

All I'll say is I agree with your Obama statement, though knowing politics here, we shouldn't get into that :p

But yea, we're doing things ass backwards, EXACTLY like my flaming liberal german teacher! Seems like they all think alike..

Yea, Diesel engines are 40% efficient, while the best gas engines are a mere 30%. That is a 33% increase in efficiency. Not to mention that almost ALL diesels are turboed and direct injected while very very few gas engines are. Which means that the technology of gas engines is really far behind that of a diesel engine, and as far as I know only Ford is really trying to bring the gas engines up to par.

Back
Top Bottom