what to buy?

cpousnret

Solid State Member
:cool: I want to buy a Dell laptop. I want to use it for online banking, e-mail, storing pictures, watching news videos, and creating various documents like schedules, letters etc. I'd like advice on what system spec's I need as far as memory, type of proccessor, speed and those sorts of things. Any advice will be a great help.

A dual core CPU with higher speeds would suit you better than a quad core as you won't be using any programs designed to utilize 4 cores.

Memory depends on what Operating System you are running, but you won't need more than 4GB, and less than that (2GB) should be enough.

:cool: I want to buy a Dell laptop. I want to use it for online banking, e-mail, storing pictures, watching news videos, and creating various documents like schedules, letters etc. I'd like advice on what system spec's I need as far as memory, type of proccessor, speed and those sorts of things. Any advice will be a great help.

You would want at least 4GB of RAM if you're using Vista. Will you be using any photo editing software like Photoshop or Illustrator to create fliers and so on?

I'll be using a photo software package (corel) unless there is a recomendation out there for something better. I also want to get an office program like microsoft office student which contains word and excel. What makes the computer faster to download? If I buy a dell do I have to get vista or is there something you suggest? Thanks, By the way, Inspiron or Studio?

I'll be using a photo software package (corel) unless there is a recomendation out there for something better. I also want to get an office program like microsoft office student which contains word and excel. What makes the computer faster to download? If I buy a dell do I have to get vista or is there something you suggest? Thanks, By the way, Inspiron or Studio?

What is your budget and where are you located in the world?

You would want at least 4GB of RAM if you're using Vista. Will you be using any photo editing software like Photoshop or Illustrator to create fliers and so on?

I just plain disagree :p.

People complain about Vista using so much ram - But AFAIK, it operates differently to previous versions. It will use a lot of ram, just because it's there, for caching etc.

Sure, it DOES use more ram overall, but needing at least 4GB is overkill IMO.

I just plain disagree :p.

People complain about Vista using so much ram - But AFAIK, it operates differently to previous versions. It will use a lot of ram, just because it's there, for caching etc.

Sure, it DOES use more ram overall, but needing at least 4GB is overkill IMO.

Uh, you realize he's using editing software, right?

I realize that, but you did not when you posted the message, unless you somehow know what people are going to post before they actually post it.

I realize that, but you did not when you posted the message, unless you somehow know what people are going to post before they actually post it.

I did. That's really my second account. I'm trying to get my rep and post count up so I won't be a noob anymore.

Back
Top Bottom