I got a pleasant suprise today!

So last night I placed my order for my MacBook Pro at around 4:45 PM Est. A little later I got my email confirmation and said that it would ship in 1-2 business days then it takes 1-5 business days to get to you. ETA was up till the 6th of October on the estimate.

So today I wake up to the sound of the Fed Ex guy pulling into my driveway at 9:30 Am. Yep my package was ordered at 4:45pm yesterday then I received it today at 9:30 Am on Apples free shipping!

+1 Apple

Next I decided to load it up and fiddle around with some stuff for a little bit. Of course the first thing I do is go in and check the hardware. I was supposed to get 2X1 GB DDR3 1066Mhz memory. To my surprise I see I have 4GB of DDR3 memory. So someone messed up and gave me a free $100 upgrade to 4GB of memory!

+ 2 Apple

After configuring user setups I played with some preferences and had to run some errands. I get back and turn it back on and notice how fast it launches to the desktop. I then do a side to side comparison and my Mac Pro clocked at 2.26Ghz vs my PC clocked at 3.2Ghz currently (Both C2D's), the Mac was at the desktop screen about 5 seconds faster than my freaking gaming desktop!

+ 3 Apple

I also noticed I have no clue where anything is at. It took some getting used to the multi touch pad but it is freaking sweet after you get used to it. They took all the touch pad limitations and basically found a neat way of removing them.

I now need 'J' and Rohan to chime in about some good software. Man I'm having a good morning :p

A welcome addition :p

cont...

And then I went to try installing my software and peripherals and my macbook pro told me that they were all incompatible.

-9000 Apple

haha j/k dude. Maybe one day i will be brave enough to buy a Mac computer. It sounds all right.

I kind of want to get a Mac just to try it out. It's hard telling people my opinion on which one is better between PC and Mac since the only Mac I have ever used was the ones in high school, and they limited my account. Plus, I want to see what's all the fuss about. But will I spend more than $600 on a laptop, that's another story.

i don't feel like the +2 is really a plus. i bet your dual core can start up faster than a quad if there is enough congestion

cont...

And then I went to try installing my software and peripherals and my macbook pro told me that they were all incompatible.

-9000 Apple

haha j/k dude. Maybe one day i will be brave enough to buy a Mac computer. It sounds all right.

LMAO!

I kind of want to get a Mac just to try it out. It's hard telling people my opinion on which one is better between PC and Mac since the only Mac I have ever used was the ones in high school, and they limited my account. Plus, I want to see what's all the fuss about. But will I spend more than $600 on a laptop, that's another story.

Yes I hear you on that! I tell you what its different lol. I just downloaded Firefox and couldn't figure out how I was supposed to install it. For some reason I had something on the desktop popping up when I went to use it.

i don't feel like the +2 is really a plus. i bet your dual core can start up faster than a quad if there is enough congestion

Yes I guess that's true because I do have more applications on my PC than the laptop right now.

They are amazing machines, aren't they? I had to use my Dell laptop yesterday to get my music off it and it felt like torture. Everything felt so much slower and unorthodox. The screens on the Pro are absolutely breathtaking with the LED backlight. I don't have a multi-touchpad, though. I'm glad you're enjoying your purchase. What type of software are you looking for exactly?

thats some nice delivery! lol

if i had the money, i'd give a mac book a chance.
maybe first i'd make a hackantosh lol.

Yes I'm quite impressed so far rohan. I'll admit it took me a bit to get used to the multi touch. I didn't realize it actually clicked to simulate a left click. I just though you had to touch it and couldn't get it to work at first lol. I then realized that you could click it. Then if you use 2 fingers and click you get the effect of a right mouse click. I really like using just 2 fingers touch not click to scroll web pages. That sort of simulates a scroll wheel. Then 4 fingers collapses everything back to desktop or side to side to flip between programs. Its really effective and I know there are other gestures I have yet to learn.

Well software wise I'm downloading some stuff for school right now onto it. I've got to download Microsoft Office which I get for free thankfully through school. Aside from that I plan on downloading a copy of Adobe's CS4 master collection for Mac also.

Not really sure what else I need. I just thought you might know of some useful stuff I should look at getting.

thats some nice delivery! lol

if i had the money, i'd give a mac book a chance.
maybe first i'd make a hackantosh lol.

I actually tried doing a hackintosh a few months ago. I got it installed but it wouldn't boot. Just hung up at the loading screen and I gave up. I'm sure I could have got it working if I played around with it enough. Figured this way I wouldn't have to worry about any compatiblity issues. If you look at my right monitor you'll see I've got the hackintosh logo on my monitor there lol.

I've gotten pretty used to my Macbooks touchpad now with the 2 finger right click and 2 finger scroll. I really didn't know there were other things you could do with it... But using Windows in boot camp with it for right click, it's very annoying b/c you do the 2 finger touch, and hold it while you click the button... I don't use Windows much on my Macbook anymore unless I have to. I'll probably never own a brand new Apple product though. I've owned an iBook, iPod nano 2G, iPod mini, Macbook, and am getting an iPod nano 3G. They are all used. New from Apple is just too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom