5870 Reviews!

awesome cant wait for benchmarks and screen shots! :)

id like probably 2 of these but i game at less than 1920x1200 so idk id prob only need one :D

lol ya, i'd love to have the x2, but i have no reason for it, even with 2 monitors. lol.

benchmarks! lol

please do a furmark,
and Vantage

:)

tell us what res ur doing it at to :)

You don't have a brain at all do you?

You do realize the HD 4870 X2 and GTX 295 are **DUAL-GPU SET-UPS**.

If the HD 5870 didn't outperform these cards, it would still be massively better.

If you want to compare the HD 5870 vs the HD 4870 X2 or GTX 295, put 2x HD 5870 in crossfire, look at those benchmarks, and then shit your pants at the difference.

You don't compare 1 GPU to 2 GPUs and say "omg the 1 GPU is barely beating the 2, it must suck!"

Also, this card is clearly only for enthusiasts and extreme gamers or whoever else needs a top-of-the-line card.

I don't know many people that would buy this card that run/play at LESS than 1920x1200.

And, considering you JUST admitted that 1920x1200 is unreasonable to benchmark, I highly doubt you play at 1920x1200, so it doesn't freaking surprise me you get higher benchmarks with your GTS 2...whatever shitty number because you can't afford a real card. (edit: Which is fine, but doesn't give you the right to talk out of your ass about cards you don't own).

/endrant

I'll post some personal benchmarks of my HD 5870 soon, for those of you who care.

I would like to see those benchmarks. and i kinda got lost are you for the HD 5870 or the GTX?

Also The card supports Directx11 so who knows if it will perform even better when that is released with win 7. Most benchmarking programs have not adapted to it yet.

What you say is not quite as easy as just saying it. I don't think they make cards revolving around Crysis -_-. Theres a huge process when designing video cards, and getting bigger and bigger is what makes them better They have more surface area to work with. The only way things get smaller if new technology is released, and the die is shrunk. What you are saying to do is sticking a supercar engine into a smart car. Better things in the technology world needs to be bigger, unless new technology is introduced, or a new manufacturing process is used.

Also, I highly doubt you could play at 120FPS on high at 1920x1080.
Saying that the review is crap, because ATI is beating Nvidia is what a true fanboy would do, so good for you. You have learned well young grasshopper.

All kidding aside, I don't doubt that Nvidia has something huge up there sleeve. Pun intended. I bet the cards from Nvidia will be just as big, so I don't know what you will complain about when they come out. Also I highly doubt they will also not be able to run Crysis on Maximum settings with 4xAA at 60fps either. You are just dreaming of what that will look like, and I am positive that will not happen with this generation of cards; ATI or Nvidia. Will they outperform the ATI cards? Most likely, but they will probably come out at a higher pricepoint, like it has been for years now.

I'm glad I don't upgrade my CPU depending on how much FPS I get in games, since that is nowhere near my priority in life. If I did, I would be upgrading every few months or so. ;)
Actually, I just checked again, and I swear to god I get 180fps solid through out every single campaign, 1920x1080 res, maxed settings. I just do not believe a word of these reviews, they seem incredibly slanted.

You don't have a brain at all do you?

You do realize the HD 4870 X2 and GTX 295 are **DUAL-GPU SET-UPS**.

If the HD 5870 didn't outperform these cards, it would still be massively better.

If you want to compare the HD 5870 vs the HD 4870 X2 or GTX 295, put 2x HD 5870 in crossfire, look at those benchmarks, and then shit your pants at the difference.

You don't compare 1 GPU to 2 GPUs and say "omg the 1 GPU is barely beating the 2, it must suck!"

Also, this card is clearly only for enthusiasts and extreme gamers or whoever else needs a top-of-the-line card.

I don't know many people that would buy this card that run/play at LESS than 1920x1200.

And, considering you JUST admitted that 1920x1200 is unreasonable to benchmark, I highly doubt you play at 1920x1200, so it doesn't freaking surprise me you get higher benchmarks with your GTS 2...whatever shitty number because you can't afford a real card. (edit: Which is fine, but doesn't give you the right to talk out of your ass about cards you don't own).

/endrant

I'll post some personal benchmarks of my HD 5870 soon, for those of you who care.

Look at the other resolutions. 1900x1200 is the smallest res on there. These reviews are way slanted, like they always are from anandtech. It's damn near impossible to find a review on there that isn't slanted towards AMD or ATI.

The only way to prove something is to present a screenshot. I'm not doubting your credibility, but it would be nice to have some support to your statement.

^

Not exactly since we were (by we I mean not me) arguing on how his card performs on WoW or whatever game it was versus the HD5870. At a particular setting. For the benchmark to be fair, the exact same settings must be used; From FSAA to VSync.

^

Not exactly since we were (by we I mean not me) arguing on how his card performs on WoW or whatever game it was versus the HD5870. At a particular setting. For the benchmark to be fair, the exact same settings must be used; From FSAA to VSync.

Vsync would hafto be off?

I JUST ORDERED ONE FIVE MINUTES AGO
MADE BY SAPPHIRE INCLUDES DIRT2 AND BATTLEFORGE
I"LL POST PICS WHEN IT COMES
its for my new windows 7 build

Back
Top Bottom