GED time.

Fully Optimized
Well my grades are tanking because I have massive senioritis. And my mom has to move back out to New England and I don't want to. That in itself has made me have to make the painfully obvious decision of getting a GED so I can start college this January term.

So do any of you have any suggestions or tips for getting ready for taking the GED? How would I go about taking it? Are they hard?

Just so you all know, my GPA is terrible but I'm really smart so I think a GED is the best way to go. My GPA is about 2.2-2.5. Maybe even lower.

Maybe read books or something?

That was my GPA back then in High School, but I want to graduate High School, and I took about 8 classes (maximum) each semester. I ended up passing all my classes with A's and B's.

Well my grades are tanking because I have massive senioritis. And my mom has to move back out to New England and I don't want to. That in itself has made me have to make the painfully obvious decision of getting a GED so I can start college this January term.

So do any of you have any suggestions or tips for getting ready for taking the GED? How would I go about taking it? Are they hard?

Just so you all know, my GPA is terrible but I'm really smart so I think a GED is the best way to go. My GPA is about 2.2-2.5. Maybe even lower.

son, your GPA isnt bad lol. 2.2-2.5 is about what i had in high school.
you dont need a 3.5+ to graduate

and i dont want to hear people blab about how important high school grades are, because, in short, there not when u get out into the work force, sure colleges look at them, but an employer will not give a rats azz about what u got/did in high school. They should look at your college grades, attendence, see if you are trainable, and see if you'll play nice.

and i cant imagine a ged being that hard to pass.
if your terrible at math and English like i am, i'd say to know your basics down pact and know how to do some trig/geometry and what not.

when i took my SAT's, i also took the ASVAB to, an i got a 77 on that, not sure what that means...but ya. lol

If you havnt, i'd say you should do the SAT's some time to, or what ever your area's equivalent is.

and i dont want to hear people blab about how important high school grades are, because, in short, there not when u get out into the work force, sure colleges look at them, but an employer will not give a rats azz about what u got/did in high school. They should look at your college grades, attendence, see if you are trainable, and see if you'll play nice.

Really? People have been telling me that employers don't even care about any grades or attendance whether in HS or college. They only care about one thing, how high of an education you have, and if you have qualified for it or not. If you go in on an interview with a degree with your name on it, isn't that proof enough?

Really? People have been telling me that employers don't even care about any grades or attendance whether in HS or college. They only care about one thing, how high of an education you have, and if you have qualified for it or not. If you go in on an interview with a degree with your name on it, isn't that proof enough?

a degree just means your trainable.

and they want to know if your going to be there on time every day, hence the attendance record in college. college is like your 'pre season' for when ur looking for a job in a field.

and they want you to play nice with everyone, they arnt going to higher a smart ass that knows everything, but wolnt work with other people in a team environment.

having a degree dosnt mean that your good for the job.

iv gotten jobs that req. a degree, that i didnt have, and i was chosen over other people with degree's, just because of a good resume, and good professional contacts. and good interviewer skills.

Huh... People told me that their employer never asked nor looked at their grades in High School or College, just as long as they qualify.

i suppose

but to me if a serious employer dosnt look at an employee's track record, thats a bit careless, esp with the way the economy is now, they dont/wolnt waste time and money on someone that isnt going to to the job right, fast, and efficient.

Back
Top Bottom