reformat backup disk

FoSheezy

Solid State Member
so I want to reformat, but I want it to have all my updated drivers and programs to install also instead of spending hours looking for everything I want ie mozilla, chrome, all .nets, thunderbird, videocard drivers, if possible windows updates(disk has xp sp2). is there a way to put all this stuff on the disk itself? or would i need to create a separate disk? I'm all about saving time on this reformat, I've done it so many times and it's really a time suck.

What you want to do is grab an imaging program - wipe your disk, make a reinstall and put all your programs on in the format that you want it. Then run your imaging software, grab an image of the disk and save that somewhere to restore whenever you want.

You'll still have to reload all your programs this time around - but in future it should make it much easier.

so do the reformat then get an image? so download everything and have it the way i want it and then make an image, but will that allow me to add to it, like for when the next set of drivers come out and all the next dl's or just make it so i dont have to dl everything from nothing and I'll only have a smaller bit to dl? also any recommendations on what programs to use for imaging?

so do the reformat then get an image?
Yup, that'd be the way to go.

so download everything and have it the way i want it and then make an image, but will that allow me to add to it, like for when the next set of drivers come out and all the next dl's or just make it so i dont have to dl everything from nothing and I'll only have a smaller bit to dl?
No, you won't be able to add to the image without making a new one. But then you should just need to run a few updates rather than download absolutely everything again.
also any recommendations on what programs to use for imaging?
There's a really good comparison here: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-drive-imaging-program.htm

Back
Top Bottom