Is it possible to hook up a pc with s-video to a tv that only has rca conections?

jimmy2o9

Baseband Member
Is it possible to hook up a pc with s-video to a tv that only has rca conections using a converter?

Yes, there are adapters that can convert S-video to composite video. Did you want to hook up audio as well or just video? Depending on what kind of audio outputs you have, you might need additional adapters for that. Come to think of it, you probably don't want to hook up audio since the audio on your PC is probably a lot better than what is built in to your TV.

I agree with Chroniclez06

I once hooked up my pc to tv via s-video to s-video connection and I was getting horrible resolution. s-video is not the highest quality connection.

I agree with Chroniclez06

I once hooked up my pc to tv via s-video to s-video connection and I was getting horrible resolution. s-video is not the highest quality connection.

An S-Video signal much better than an RCA composite video which the OP would like to use.

If your TV has an S-video input then use that. It's usually a small 4 pin DIN connector near the RCA inputs or its accessible via the SCART.

Back
Top Bottom