5870 Reviews!

dude.... look at the resolutions they're testing at! If they brought it back to something reasonable (1920x1080) then they would be neck and neck or maybe even have the 295 winning. Also, you have to remember that the 295 has been out for quite a while now. When nvidia comes out with their DX11 cards, I'm positive it will blow this thing away. I'm personally unimpressed with these results. I read elsewhere that the new 5870 only gets 38fps in crysis with maxed settings and 4xAA. That's ridiculous! It should be at least 60 IMO. And look at the size of these things! They're getting bigger and bigger, they need to stop just slapping on more size and actually think it through to the point that it's reasonable.

20115.png

That right there is BS. I can play on higher settings then that with my GTS250, and I get well over 120fps. This is incredibly one sided. I'm not even reading the rest of this crap.

dude.... look at the resolutions they're testing at! If they brought it back to something reasonable (1920x1080) then they would be neck and neck or maybe even have the 295 winning. Also, you have to remember that the 295 has been out for quite a while now. When nvidia comes out with their DX11 cards, I'm positive it will blow this thing away. I'm personally unimpressed with these results. I read elsewhere that the new 5870 only gets 38fps in crysis with maxed settings and 4xAA. That's ridiculous! It should be at least 60 IMO. And look at the size of these things! They're getting bigger and bigger, they need to stop just slapping on more size and actually think it through to the point that it's reasonable.

That right there is BS. I can play on higher settings then that with my GTS250, and I get well over 120fps. This is incredibly one sided. I'm not even reading the rest of this crap.

Do you think the HD 5870 is a reasonable card? No, it's a card for people that play at 1920x1200 and 2560x1600. Unless you're techmaster and you buy a GTX 295 for 1440x900 :D

From Xbit Labs:

l4dc.png

Do you think the HD 5870 is a reasonable card? No, it's a card for people that play at 1920x1200 and 2560x1600. Unless you're techmaster and you buy a GTX 295 for 1440x900 :D

From Xbit Labs:

l4dc.png

Thank you, worship.

the X2's will destroy nvidia i believe.

20115.png

What you say is not quite as easy as just saying it. I don't think they make cards revolving around Crysis -_-. Theres a huge process when designing video cards, and getting bigger and bigger is what makes them better They have more surface area to work with. The only way things get smaller if new technology is released, and the die is shrunk. What you are saying to do is sticking a supercar engine into a smart car. Better things in the technology world needs to be bigger, unless new technology is introduced, or a new manufacturing process is used.

Also, I highly doubt you could play at 120FPS on high at 1920x1080.
Saying that the review is crap, because ATI is beating Nvidia is what a true fanboy would do, so good for you. You have learned well young grasshopper.

All kidding aside, I don't doubt that Nvidia has something huge up there sleeve. Pun intended. I bet the cards from Nvidia will be just as big, so I don't know what you will complain about when they come out. Also I highly doubt they will also not be able to run Crysis on Maximum settings with 4xAA at 60fps either. You are just dreaming of what that will look like, and I am positive that will not happen with this generation of cards; ATI or Nvidia. Will they outperform the ATI cards? Most likely, but they will probably come out at a higher pricepoint, like it has been for years now.

I'm glad I don't upgrade my CPU depending on how much FPS I get in games, since that is nowhere near my priority in life. If I did, I would be upgrading every few months or so. ;)

good points.

and also he forgot that ATI will probably make a 5890/toxic/atomic cards once Nvidia releases, to battle there cards with. Maybe even a 5890x2, you never know.

ATI was the king of cards at one time, theirs no reason to think that they are noobs when it comes to making graphic cards.

I doubt the 5890 will happen for a while. We do know that the HD 5870 X2 and HD 5850 are well on their way. Their are even pictures of an HD 5850 X2 (We think) floating around.

i love how when ever one company releases something the others gotta make a comeback and so on and so fourth its entertaining

Back
Top Bottom