ok seirously need help.

iLLTry

Baseband Member
Well i put in my 9600GSO and like everything went wrong. like all my programs closed i had to click dont send over and over. then like couldnt read memory at blaha blah blah. now i put it my old card. one of my folders in sytem 32 was blue called DRVSTORE i deleted it because yea and my pc is still working . did something go wrong when i downloaded latest drivers from ASUS's site because this is really just pissing me off thanks for help guys

When you install a new video card you have to delete all old video drivers (of the card you're getting rid of) and just install the new one.

well i just did with the other card in. now i put my 9600gso in nvidia site couldnt auto find it and GPU-z says it doesnt know whats pluggd in..

Are you sure everything is seated correctly? If your computer is not recognizing it, it could be a problem with the card.

ok i just got the nvidia drivers after deleting everything i could find. and now its working all is good im pretty sure.

As a general rule, auto detect rarely works. It's always better to manually select your video card.

Another general rule, don't go deleting folders in system 32. Sure the system might run ok, but down the road when you try and use a program it might not. Microsoft engineered and programed xp a specific way, keep it that way.

And yet another general rule, if you don't know what you're doing installing hardware, ask first. If you're the least bit un-sure of what you're doing, ask. A lot of this could've been avoided if you would've asked experienced guys how to install a GPU before just going and doing it.

Back
Top Bottom