Update Preview server

I'm not opposed to the new layout, I just don't really see why we changed it. I think we should be looking at changing the forums visually theme wise.

Yeah if everyone wants the old one back then I can do that or we can continue re-arranging the current one

I don't see why we can't give this new layout a good shot. Sure we've implemented it, but let us develop on it and see if we can come with a good final solution. If after we've worked on it for a while it still doesn't look good, let's get the old one back and be done with it.

David, could you try this rearrangement on your backup server:

Hardware:
-Electronics (General Electricals renamed)
-Gallery
-General Hardware
-Overclocking/Modding/Cooling

Software:
-Communication
-Programming
-Networking/DNS
-Security/Hacking
-General Software

Hosting:
-General Hosting
-Server Administration
-Web Programming
-Web Design/Reviews/Advertising

General:
-Social Lounge
-CF: Suggestions/Comments/Feedback (we should be standard with "/" or ",")
-For Sale/Trade

What do you guys think? Probably not many of you would like it (fool's hope), but I thought I'd try to think outside the box and come up with some different section names. I noticed some similarities between forums that were under different section.

I think that we should stick with this one for a while and actually see just how useful it is, and whether we get used to it or not.

personally I very much like some of the new aspects,
like splitting up hardware and software into separate sections,
merging shared and dedicated hosting into one.

I think that the order of the forums can be confusing, like in the technical section there is hardware, then servers, networking security then software.

I think that it'd make sense to have hardware then software immediatly next on the list.

I don't agree that server administration should go in the web hosting section
and I don't really see the need for a separate section for communication software when there is a general software forum. (though others may disagree).

I personally don't care how it's set up anymore.. as long as it stops saying "server move" every freaking time I come to this website!

I don't agree that server administration should go in the web hosting section
and I don't really see the need for a separate section for communication software when there is a general software forum. (though others may disagree).

I was trying to keep all forums so there's no thread dumping, but I do agree with communications being under General Software. I thought maybe I could squeeze in Server Admin under Hosting (I don't know much about hosting, but it seems to me like Server Admin would play an important role) and keep threads pretty even under their respective sections.

Back
Top Bottom