IDK what to do with my life

i guess i just have to work really hard at saving money so i can afford all my bills and stuff,
i make like $8 an hour and get like 46 hours a week

Not enough to support you living on your own. Try to find some roommates. You need a push to do something and you'll get a hard kick in the balls when you have to fend for yourself. I'm going through the same thing, man. My Dad fell sick and I had to withdraw out of the college. I basically lost a semester and I messed up my last year at community college. I can't find a job and I'm stuck around the house. I might be moving to New Jersey and work in catering with my uncle and try to join Montclair State University.

tell your dad that you can't afford to pay $500 a month, perhaps say to him, look I can't afford that much. and offer him less, perhaps $300 or $400.

I wouldn't go lower than that.

I don't agree that your dad is being a little bitch for charging you rent.

you've left school and joined the working world, why shouldn't you pay your way? (I did, after I'd left education whilst I was staying at home my parents charged me rent, and why wouldn't they? why should I be living for free from their hard work whilst wasting my money on useless crap?

I agree with root here. I'm in one of the best engineering schools in the US and live on my own in an appartment. My parents cover my school and part of my rent. The $295 extra each month plus cable and electric and food come out of my pocket. When all is said and done, it's about $500 a month. I work two jobs on top of school to make ends meet. You can do it too.

I work at tyson foods and im making 12.75 an hour, working 48 hours a week and i work a sunday every 3rd week (56 hours a week) and all i do at work is hang pepperoni in dry rooms.

Im 19 i have a 3 month old son and a girlfriend who doesnt work, i pay $700 a month total in rent, electric, cable, internet, car payment which with all of my overtime, is easy. The point is, you dont have a kid or a girlfriend so that saves you ALOT of money right there. Especially not having a girlfriend. All you need to do is go to your local workforce development center find out what companys are doing well in your area and then fill out there applications, email there HR Director your resume, Call the HR director and ask for the status on your application or ask if they reviewed your resume. Just get out there man.

I work at tyson foods and im making 12.75 an hour, working 48 hours a week and i work a sunday every 3rd week (56 hours a week) and all i do at work is hang pepperoni in dry rooms.

Im 19 i have a 3 month old son and a girlfriend who doesnt work, i pay $700 a month total in rent, electric, cable, internet, car payment which with all of my overtime, is easy. The point is, you dont have a kid or a girlfriend so that saves you ALOT of money right there. Especially not having a girlfriend. All you need to do is go to your local workforce development center find out what companys are doing well in your area and then fill out there applications, email there HR Director your resume, Call the HR director and ask for the status on your application or ask if they reviewed your resume. Just get out there man.

But it's not that easy. I know people that apply for several job's a week, and get nowhere. Just because you where lucky, doesnt mean that everyone will be!

There are 2,470,000 un-employed people in the UK - and dont tell me that they are all lazy.

But it's not that easy. I know people that apply for several job's a week, and get nowhere. Just because you where lucky, doesnt mean that everyone will be!

No man it really is that easy. All i did is go on Wisconsins Workforce Department site and looked up the companies in my area, which were Purina, Spacesaver, Tyson. Purina and Spacesavers employees averaged 30 hours a week, Tysons employess however averaged 44 Hours a week. So obviously Tyson is busy right? I went into my workforce development center filled out an application for them, harassed the HR Director for 2 weeks straight. Finally got a call back and got an interview and i was hired. Which was a year ago

Granted, the tyson factory i work for has never hired an 18 year old, Actually they never hired anyone under 23 years old. But really do people my age every put an effort in contacting an HR manager?? You've got to do that, you gotta show them you want the job. dont think just because you filled out an application means you tried getting a job.

Times are tough but you have to remember that at the moment any work, is better than no work

No man it really is that easy. All i did is go on Wisconsins Workforce Department site and looked up the companies in my area, which were Purina, Spacesaver, Tyson. Purina and Spacesavers employees averaged 30 hours a week, Tysons employess however averaged 44 Hours a week. So obviously Tyson is busy right? I went into my workforce development center filled out an application for them, harassed the HR Director for 2 weeks straight. Finally got a call back and got an interview and i was hired. Which was a year ago

Granted, the tyson factory i work for has never hired an 18 year old, Actually they never hired anyone under 23 years old. But really do people my age every put an effort in contacting an HR manager?? You've got to do that, you gotta show them you want the job. dont think just because you filled out an application means you tried getting a job.

OK then, I should have said "For MOST people".

I may be republican

but i think that you if you need help

first you must help yourself.

Then the rest will fallow.

Back
Top Bottom