Trouble uninstall/install game! (Outcast)

4ZakeN

Beta member
Hi guys/girls at computerforums!

Im been trying to install a game, Outcast from 1999 to be precise, and now I have run into a problem I cant solve. (My OS is Windows vista btw)

First time I ran setup it worked fine, and the game it self worked fairly well with some minor glitches. Then I made the mistake to install a antibug patch, which made the entire game crash, seems like a good patch dont u think? =)

Well anyway, I tried to uninstall the game first but for some reason it did´nt work. I then tried to just throw the files into the trash bin (not sure if that´s the english name), and well it "worked". I now suppect that it was a rather bad move =/

However I still cant uninstall the game, it says that it cant locate "unist.isu" file in the game folder. I have tried to put back all the files from the trash bin into the folder, but still the same message. I have also tryed a system restore to before I installed the game but for some reason it did´nt change a thing, all files where the same and game was still installed.

And I cant install a new version of the game either, the installation program crashes without any comments or anything, which it did´nt do the first time I installed the game. I guess this is because the installation program still see´s the game as installed and there by already existing.

So now I cant get ride of the game, and if I try to install the game it crashes.
I realise that throwing all files away when I was´nt able to uninstall the game was kind of stupid, but still, is it really totally irreversible? Is their no F****** way to make windows understand that their is no game?

Any tips or info would be appreciated! And plz have a kind eye on my english! =)

Welcome to the CF!

The first thing I would recommend your try is Ccleaner. Its a registry cleaner that will remove any invalid registry entries. Also, it has an uninstall utility that works a little better than the one built into Windows, so maybe it will be able to remove that game off your computer.

Welcome to the CF!

The first thing I would recommend your try is Ccleaner. Its a registry cleaner that will remove any invalid registry entries. Also, it has an uninstall utility that works a little better than the one built into Windows, so maybe it will be able to remove that game off your computer.

Sound advice. :)

Also try going into the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Find the game > Remove it. Also alot of games have the 'Uninstall' option on the CD. Try running it from there. Also you could just try re-installing the game or perhaps the CD will also have a 'Repair' option you could try.

Back
Top Bottom