$3000 budget building.

I don't know if you mean $3000 American or Canadian or whatnot, but you don't need that much to build an awesome gaming computer. First, I would advise you to decide if you want to spend all $3000, or save money if you think you are safisfied with a good Gaming Computer (and in most cases, it's pointless to build the "Best" gaming computer).

These are 2 Specs that I recommend:

First, Decent and Money Saving Option.

CPU: Intel Dual core 3.0GHz speed and up.
RAM: DDR3 SDRAM with 1333MHz speed and 6GB space (get more speed and space if you want to, but that would pretty much be enough).
GPU: Nvidia GTX 285, GTX 295, ATI Radeon HD 4870 and Dual HD 4870.
HDD: 7200 RPM Conventional SSD however amount of space you would like.
Power: You would need sufficient amount of Power Outlet so around 800-850 Watt range.
Cooler: Standard Air Cooler or Liquid Cooling for more cash.

Second, Pure Performance.

CPU: Intel i7 Quad core processor with 3.0 GHz speed (approx $500 more than the previous option with Dual cores).
RAM: 1333MHz, 1600MHz or higher DDR3 SDRAM with 6-8GB memory.
GPU: Dual GTX 285, Dual GTX 295 and Dual HD 4870 Crossfire.
HDD: 10000 RPM conventional HDD or 256GB or 512GB SSD (if the budget allows)
Power: You would need sufficient amount of Power Outlet so around 950-1100 Watt range.
Cooling: Liquid Cooling.

You should choose this options at Gaming Computer Brands such as Ava Direct, Cyberpower or iBuyPower for good Price-to-Performance ratios.

For more info on choosing Gaming Computers, visit my site:

www.gamputer.com

Now would be a terrible time to buy dual 4870s; especially with this budget.

The 5870s are coming out very soon (this month) and from what I've seen, 1x 5870 would probably outperform dual 4870s in crossfire.

My suggestions:
CPU: Core i7 920+ (not sure what he was talking about $500 more, only the i7 975 extreme edition could possibly be that much more... the i7 950 is only ~$570)
CPU HSF: TRUE Black eXtreme or TRUE Copper eXtreme (beware, the copper weighs a TON and needs extra support)
Mobo: Any good x58
GPU: Radeon HD 5870 (coming out later this month)
RAM: 6GB or 9GB DDR3 1600 tri-channel SDRAM
PSU: at LEAST 850W; to be safe maybe a 1000W; especially if you plan a crossfire / SLI setup

pass on 10K RPM harddrives; go 15K or set up a RAID array with 7200RPM drives; OR go all out and get a SSD drive

put the extra money into a huge monitor, a nice case, maybe liquid cooling system?

Now would be a terrible time to buy dual 4870s; especially with this budget.

The 5870s are coming out very soon (this month) and from what I've seen, 1x 5870 would probably outperform dual 4870s in crossfire.

My bad, you are totally correct about waiting for the new HD 5k series.

Since the 5700's series are coming very soon, and 5800+ series are coming this november or later, it would be better to wait for the ATI GPUs for the Graphics card option.

The late 200 GeForce series are powerful, but there is also a word that GeForce 300 series might be released by the end of this year so that would also be worth waiting.

Just a reminder, ATI Radeon cards have great performance and a really good Price-to-Performance ratio so consider buying them for your gamputer.

My bad, you are totally correct about waiting for the new HD 5k series.

Since the 5700's series are coming very soon, and 5800+ series are coming this november or later, it would be better to wait for the ATI GPUs for the Graphics card option.

The late 200 GeForce series are powerful, but there is also a word that GeForce 300 series might be released by the end of this year so that would also be worth waiting.

Just a reminder, ATI Radeon cards have great performance and a really good Price-to-Performance ratio so consider buying them for your gamputer.

Yeah the chips are vastly superior. Expected to dominate the current market.

Even if you can't afford one, it will drop current-card prices a lot.

5700's 5800+

am i missing something here?

I thought the 4800 series cards were the 4830,4850(x2),4870(x2),4890 models, and the 5850, and 5870 so far only. Were did the 5700 come from?

am i missing something here?

I thought the 4800 series cards were the 4830,4850(x2),4870(x2),4890 models, and the 5850, and 5870 so far only. Were did the 5700 come from?

AMD will launch its ATI Radeon HD 5700-series GPUs, including the Radeon HD 5770 and 5750, in October, according to sources at graphics card makers. A Monday DigiTimes report maintains that ATI will also release Radeon 5800-series graphics chips on September 22nd, while the 5870 X2 (R800) has been slated for November.
The same sources also see AMD unveiling 5000-series graphics chipsets for notebooks, including the flagship ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800, the 5700 for performance applications, the 5600 for more common uses, and the 5400 as the entry-level offering. The mobile GPUs were first seen last week.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/09/14/ati.radeon.hd.5700.gpus.coming.in.october/

I'd like to build a pretty freakin' decent gaming computer, but I have no idea about anything. Willing to spend about $3000 bucks. And would like it to fit into that Cooler Master Haf.

You need to give us a bit more of information:

• Where do you live? What currency do you use?
  • What sort of games do you play?
  • Would you be interested in gaming peripherals to enhance the gaming experience? Things such as the nVidia 3D gaming glasses, a gaming vest, etc?
  • Do you plan on doing anything else with this computer or than gaming? If so, what kind of things?

Back
Top Bottom