Update Preview server

Not real keen on it myself. Looks unfinished. I would take the old one back in a flash.

We're still working on it.

I like the title "Technical" better than "General Computing". If you named it back, "General Electricals" could be moved back in there as a front-page forum titled "Electronics" (which, to me, is the appropriate way of referring to that category). On the other hand, you could split up "General Computing" into "Computing" and "Networking". That would even out our sections into 3-5 forums each. I think that one of the things throwing some people off might be that unevenness of forums under each section.

If you choose to split them up, it could look like this:
Under "Computing":
-Gallery
-Hardware
-Software
-Programming
-Overclocking / Cooling / Modding

Under "Networking":
-Hardware / Network (renamed from "Networking/DNS". I find appropriate, if you guys don't like no need to change.)
-Server Administration
-Security / Hacking

Like T-Man pointed out, I'd also like to see "General" on the bottom.

The old layout flowed better. How it was laid out made it simple to navigate.
The new is a jumbled up mess that is near impossible to find anything.
I hope you backed up your DB and templates before you did all this.

I am not sure if it is just a coincidence but I have never seen less posts here then there has since the new layout was updated.

While I agree the forum definately needed refreshing, I think it should have been totally rearranged, not just the little bit that was done, I also think it was a perfect opportunity to revamp the skin colours of the forum, make it like a new one.

So at this moment, what is the consensus on the layout? Are we going to try and adjust this new layout so it flows better? Or is everyone wanting the old one back? As stated earlier, I feel like what's throwing everyone off is that under the "General Computing" section there are 8 forums, whereas the other sections have 5 and 3 respectively. Under the old layout, everything was pretty even. And that comparison leads me to conclude that if we evened out the forums underneath each section by creating another category, then maybe it would feel more natural to the users.

Have you read the previous posts Joga?

I have. Most of the previous posts are asking for the old one layout back. Maybe I should have added a follow up question: Is there any interest in trying to work with this new layout to modify it and see if maybe we can get something that will please more members? I feel like it's just jumbled up, and that if we can organize it a little better it may flow nicely like the old one did. What I really like about this layout has already been mentioned. You have everything right upfront on this page and you just have to scroll down and pick. Ultimately, if everyone wants the old one back, let's return it.

I have. Most of the previous posts are asking for the old one layout back. Maybe I should have added a follow up question: Is there any interest in trying to work with this new layout to modify it and see if maybe we can get something that will please more members? I feel like it's just jumbled up, and that if we can organize it a little better it may flow nicely like the old one did. What I really like about this layout has already been mentioned. You have everything right upfront on this page and you just have to scroll down and pick. Ultimately, if everyone wants the old one back, let's return it.

Yeah if everyone wants the old one back then I can do that or we can continue re-arranging the current one

Back
Top Bottom