Can anyone help me in C# pls

mcemmy

Beta member
I just started with C# programming, it looks tasking, i need soneone to put me through all this, call it a friend or probably a mentor

I have done C# learning earlier and planning to start again.How about working together on the language?

Yo Yo, my advice to you is that if this is your first programming language then stop! Go for something a little less daunting first, if you end up liking that then move on to C# or C++.

My suggestions would be:

- Python
- Perl scripting
- PhP

There are a heap of good online tutorials for all of those, feel free to hit me up with some questions, you can add me on msn if you want.

Hope i helped :)

Yo Yo, my advice to you is that if this is your first programming language then stop! Go for something a little less daunting first, if you end up liking that then move on to C# or C++.

My suggestions would be:

- Python
- Perl scripting
- PhP

Wouldn't really agree with that I'm afraid. Each to there own but C# is a perfectly viable option to learn to start with, you'll learn OO principles that the above most likely just won't teach you and it's used far more for big programs out there than the above. Of course you could start with any of the above (despite my personal disliking of python!) and they'd be viable options, but nothing wrong with not starting with them. Perl I especially wouldn't pick to start with if you're interested in doing lots of big programming stuff, it's a great language for bodging scripts together but if you want to learn about good code design (which you should get into when you start coding) then Perl is completely the wrong place to be!

C++ is a different kettle of fish altogether though - wouldn't touch that to start with, that would be over-complicated.

Only suggestion I'd make in terms of change would be to perhaps consider Java, it's very similar to C#, gives you the advantage of a cross compatible platform and it's a bit more beginner friendly in the sense that it'll stop you doing stupid things that C# won't always spot. There's also much more educational material on it because of it's open and cross platform nature.

In terms of tutorials - be careful. There's a lot of dodgy ones floating around and my advice if you're interested in taking this seriously would be to get a good beginner's book on the subject and follow it through. In terms of a mentor, if you get a good book you should really be ok to work through the best part of it yourself - but if you do get stuck then feel free to post questions here!

Ask if you want some good Java teaching material, I've done a fair bit of work in that field so could point you to some good and reliable sources.

I find C++ easier than C#, although I have rarely programmed in the C# language. I was introduced to programming through Visual Basic. It felt pretty good to me, so that's what I'm going to recommend you.

Just a word about visual basic, and I'm not shouting it down because for what it is it's good and it's where a lot of people start. My main grumble though is that it does let you slip into some bad habits... it's not case sensitive for example (whereas almost all other mainstream languages are.)

While I think of it (wow it's grumble mood tonight!) another bone I've got to pick with C# is that it takes all the naming conventions that have been formed over the past couple of decades and, well, ignores them. Method names starting with capitals?! Who thought that was a good idea?! (In any other non-microsoft language you'd get murdered for doing that!)

Back
Top Bottom