i9 920 Are my temps ok?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
i7 920 Are my temps ok?

Ok so today I finally finished my new build, and doing some quick temp testing to see where I stand and if I need to reinstall the heatsink or not. I am using Real Temp 3.0 and CPUID. CPU was running at stock speed, according to CPU-Z 2.8Ghz (I guess its the Turbo V that gave it the .2Ghz boost)

-i7 920 (B0)
-Prolimatech Mega Shadow Deluxe (With Ultra Kaze 2000, I turned it down to 1500rpm tho)
-P6T v2 Deluxe MOBO with 6 120mm Fans in the case.
-Tuniq TX-3 Thermal Paste

Please comment as I will start messing with OC soon and would like to reach 4Ghz just want to be sure 1st how much I will be limited by my temps.

Idel:

Core1 - 34
Core2 - 32
Core3 - 35
Core4 - 31

10 min of Prime95 Blend Test.
Load: (Max) These are the Max temps that it gat to

Core1 - 57
Core2 - 57
Core3 - 58
Core4 - 55

Thanks

The temps seem a bit high. At a 3.6Ghz overclock, those are the temps I get on load and a bit lower on idle. I don't think you'll be able to safely hit 4.0Ghz. Once you hit 70C, you want to stop.

Have you tried lowering your VCore?

And also, what are your ambient temperatures in the computer room?

Have you tried lowering your VCore?

And also, what are your ambient temperatures in the computer room?

No not yet, im doing lots of reading on the OC i7 920 right now, and its totally different from what I had learned in the past. I had spend a good hour now and everything is still sounds very complicated to me lol.

I had just placed a thermometer in my room, I should be atle to give u the temps in about 10-15 min :)

EDIT

26c is the ambient temperature

Yeah, I don't know much about the i7s either, but lowering the VCore will yield more desirable temperatures, and in turn let you overclock further.

Your ambients are alright... they could be a little cooler. My room is currently at 23*C, but I used to have 30-31* ambients over summer.

Back
Top Bottom