Ram Help

h90x

Solid State Member
OK I have a gateway ml3109 laptop! it was very slow so I upgraded the ram 1 gb more which should equal 1.5 gb but when i go to my computer properties
it says there is 998 mb of ram!
WHy is that?
I had 512 mb before and after upgrading it should be 1.5 is it only identifying the 1 gb new ram?
Side note
Laptop is way faster!

What is your graphics card?
Some components take away from total RAM, so it only shows the RAM that is left for computer..

its some Ati radeon graphics! also I checked my ram currently is 958 mb so I think the graphic card is eating a little memory!

its some Ati radeon graphics! also I checked my ram currently is 958 mb so I think the graphic card is eating a little memory!

Haha I know it is :)
Where is your monitor plugged into the computer? Where all those little USB inputs are and all those sound inputs, or is it plugged in near the bottom of the computer?
If it is plugged into where all the slots are, it means your graphics card is taking some RAM.
Also what exactly does your meter show?
Does it show how much RAM is in your system? Or how much RAM Is left over and ready to use?
What program are you using to test it?

monitor is plugged inn?
you mean where it charges?
thats behind the screen
also I go to my computer properties to check my ram! it only says ram!
thanks

monitor is plugged inn?
you mean where it charges?
thats behind the screen
also I go to my computer properties to check my ram! it only says ram!
thanks

Oh haha sorry, thought I saw desktop in your post for a second :D
Wait are you going to Control Panel-System?
Go to that and check :)

on the control panel I went to this performance setting page from there I refreshed a new hardware which took me like 2 minutes after that still nothing??

Back
Top Bottom