Temporary freeze up?

TitanMATRIX

In Runtime
Howdy,

I got a new computer (well for me its new), from a friend. However this is getting quite annoying... It will run fine for a few minutes anywhere from 2-5 minutes and it will just freeze up. After about 10-15 seconds of it being frozen it just continues along its marry little way. I called my friend and he said that it has never done that to him. The only thing that I have put on it was Kaspersky, MSN messenger, Opera, Unreal Tourny, and Sins of the Solar Empire. The only things that I have taken off were stuff like the HP games it comes with automatically, old stuff like AOL, etc... but NOTHING important, just the games and old internet stuff. This "freeze up" happens whether I am on the internet or not.

Is this possibly a problem with RAM or my processor? My processor is really slow at 1.99 Ghz single core and 2 GB of RAM... but the thing is is that he never encountered this problem when he had it.

This is most likely a hard drive problem. Your computer may be having a hard time reading it of the disc. It could be scratched or just plain age. I doubt it's any other component. If you're trying to open up applications and then it freezes up, it could be the RAM.

nah its consistent. Doesn't matter what I'm doing. Like this. Right when I was in the middle of typing that sentence it did the freeze up. And like I said it is very consistent almost can count down the time its going to freeze up.

Download Everest: Home Edition and go to Storage, Windows Storage, and look for the icon of a hard drive. Beside it should be the brand and model of your hard drive. As far as the age of the computer, you're going to have to ask your friend that.

Go here and locate your hard drive. Instead of clicking on the name or on the image, click below where it says available software. Download the "Data Life Diagnostics" for Windows. It shouldn't really matter on which hard drive model you run it on; it should work fine for all of them. So, if you can't find yours, just click on any and download the program. Run it. See if it detects anything wrong.

Hum...I guess it's not the hard-drive. It must be software then. Did you install a fresh copy (or reformat) Windows when you got it from your friend?

Back
Top Bottom