cable modem

It's another alternative to using the ethernet port. However, I'd recommend just sticking to the ethernet port since the USB won't support the fastest speeds, router settings, etc.

It's another alternative to using the ethernet port. However, I'd recommend just sticking to the ethernet port since the USB won't support the fastest speeds, router settings, etc.

ummm I disagree 100%

The USB port on a cable modem is for administration and programming so its normally only used by the TECH if needed...

BTW USB 2.0 speeds are MUCH faster than any internet speed you can get from a provider...infact USB 2.0 can hit speeds of 480Mbps which is 60 Megs a second....pretty fast even for networking if you ask me

ummm I disagree 100%

The USB port on a cable modem is for administration and programming so its normally only used by the TECH if needed...

BTW USB 2.0 speeds are MUCH faster than any internet speed you can get from a provider...infact USB 2.0 can hit speeds of 480Mbps which is 60 Megs a second....pretty fast even for networking if you ask me

ummm I disagree 100% with you...sorry...

It is in fact an alternative to using the ethernet port. I used it on my old computer because my on-board nic died and I didn't have a spare nic card. USB in 480 Mbps (or 60 MBps) but your NIC is going to connect at 100 MBps. So I wouldn't use it either.

Back
Top Bottom