Documents folder in main hard disk partitio?

KevinG1

Baseband Member
lol I am just a little confused...

I have only one partition on my hard disk (C:\) ..Now I just want to know .. Is documents/pictures/music folder supposed to be on C?

and if I have to format my C:\ partition .. does this mean that I am going to lose stuff that I have in documents folder?

I know it's very silly..... but just to avoid confusion I thought I might ask..

But if it is on C: then what happens if I create a new partition?

btwn I have VISTA ultimate..

lol I am just a little confused...

I have only one partition on my hard disk (C:\) ..Now I just want to know .. Is documents/pictures/music folder supposed to be on C?

Yes, if you have one partition all of your files are on that partition including your documents, photos, and music.

and if I have to format my C:\ partition .. does this mean that I am going to lose stuff that I have in documents folder?

If you reformat your partition you will delete all of the files on that partition in the process.

I know it's very silly..... but just to avoid confusion I thought I might ask..

But if it is on C: then what happens if I create a new partition?

btwn I have VISTA ultimate..

If your hard drive has only one partition you will need to delete that partition in order to repartition you drive differently. In other words, if you want two partitions on you drive, you would need to delete the original partition then create a smaller partition to leave room to add a second partition. If you back up all your data on external storage and have everything that you need to reinstall your operating system and applications, repartitioning shouldn't be a problem. It just take a little work.

There is software that you can use that allows you to "adjust" the size of a partition so that you can add another partition if you want, but you should still back up all your data and make sure you are ready to reinstall your operating system and application in case there is a catastrophic problem.

Back
Top Bottom