Mini laptop...less than 10''...ebay

vti-chris

Beta member
I'm in search of a mini laptop to carry with me at work...i'm a teacher.
I've been looking into cheap solutions and came across these laptops on ebay sold for $300 including shipping.
Here

Any inputs on this would be much appreciated.
What do i have to look for for these kind of laptops?

portability. price.

+ battery life.

I paid $370 for my Asus EEE PC 1000HE. I get 10+ hours of battery life which lets me use it for a full day, or even a few days at a time for classes. Add to this the weight savings from my normal laptop, and the price, and you've got a winning combo for someone like a student (or even a teacher.)

If you're looking for something that's cheap and easy to carry, a netbook could be the perfect accomplice to your primary computer. I've seen some of my coworkers carry netbooks filled with presentations on them. Should the need arise, simply connect them to the projector for a simple and easy way to present a presentation.

It's a niche category, but any netbook from a major manufacturer should be decent enough. Dell and HP are offering great solutions at the moment.

Dell Mini 10 & Mini 10v

HP Mini 1000

personally i find the mini net books too difficult to work with..

the keyboards are too small to comfortably type on.
the screens are too small to be able to comfortably read a document or browse a web page on.

frankly I'd rather spend a little extra, carry a little more weight and have a 13" screen a bigger keyboard and more upgrade-ability/extensibility comfort and usability.

see when I bought my 17" Toshiba laptop the people were saying that people don't buy it just cause its heavy... really portability is not an issue with this laptop. I through it in my backpack with the rest of my books and its fine. Battery life is only a little over two hours though. But I don't have an issues with how "heavy" it is nor its size. :) Hence I still don't like those really small laptops.

personally i find the mini net books too difficult to work with..

the keyboards are too small to comfortably type on.
the screens are too small to be able to comfortably read a document or browse a web page on.

frankly I'd rather spend a little extra, carry a little more weight and have a 13" screen a bigger keyboard and more upgrade-ability/extensibility comfort and usability.

see when I bought my 17" Toshiba laptop the people were saying that people don't buy it just cause its heavy... really portability is not an issue with this laptop. I through it in my backpack with the rest of my books and its fine. Battery life is only a little over an hour and a half or so though. But I don't have an issues with how "heavy" it is nor its size. :) Hence I still don't like those really small laptops.

To each his own. Some people don't mind the extra bulk and cannot comfortably surf on a netbook. I, on the other hand, had two main characteristics I was looking for: Battery life and portability.

After researching everything out there, I found the 1000HE to be the best deal for me. It's a fraction of the price of a normal laptop, it literally lasts over 10 hours, and it does everything I want it to do. I'm 6'2" and I have large hands but I have no problems typing all day on the netbook.

Back
Top Bottom