Random Chit Chat

Guys, someone on Ebay chargebacked my sister on a textbook sent via media mail. No tracking number, and the only proof she has is that she made a purchase at USPS the day it was shipped. This happened to a number of people too, and they all left a positive feedback (the only one you can leave on the buyer I guess) with all caps stating that the seller scammed them. This all happened well after she shipped it.

What can she do?

Wait, is your sister the buyer or the seller?
I would file a dispute with the bank. It takes months for it to usually clear though, by the time it does, you will most likely forgotten about it.

Wait, is your sister the buyer or the seller?
I would file a dispute with the bank. It takes months for it to usually clear though, by the time it does, you will most likely forgotten about it.

Seller. They obviously got the books, but decided to dispute the charges from 6 people because media mail has no tracking numbers.

There's no delivery confirmation number on the receipt or anything? Or were they extra and decided not to get it?

That's not good. Kind of out of luck there, confirmation and tracking are what sellers get for themselves in case of an event like this. But still, try telling the bank about it, and show the receipt, and any information about it and see if you can do anything. Maybe contact Ebay and Paypal (if she used it) too.

I found this guide

When you are using paypal, people can file a chargeback with the credit card company and get their money back no matter what, paypal does not even help with chargebacks unless you have extremly good evidence. Even if you provide a tracking number the credit card company will still get the buyers money back. This has happened several times to us and the price of the items were well over $200.00. We will show you some steps to avoid chargebacks on high priced items.

When you sell a expensive item, make sure to do the following -

1. Go to the transaction page in paypal and write down all the buyers information such as phone number and confirmed address.
2. Do not ship ANYTHING unless the buyers address is confirmed.
3. Take pictures of the item you are sending in and out of the box with the date and item number on a piece of paper next to the item and save them on your computer. This will allow you to provide pictures as evidence that the item existed.
4. Collect all messages from the buyer and we recommend asking them a few questions like if they want to upgrade shipping so they respond and you now have messages as evidence that you communicated with them and they authorized the purchase.
5. Keep records of tracking information after you ship the item and the amount paid for shipping. We also recommend keeping a copy of the lable as evidence of shipment.
6. Make sure to describe the item exactly as it is.
7. Call the buyer and tell them the tracking information over the phone and ask them if they have any questions, you now have voice evidence to support the case.
8. If the buyer does not respond to messages or the phone, we recommend waiting to ship the item because those are signs of potential fraud or planning of a chargeback.

These are some things that you should do on expensive items, this can provide you with enough evidence to win a case on paypal if the buyer files for a chargeback. Always make sure the address is legitament and we would recommend not shipping anywhere outside the US.

We hope this has helped.

Best Wishes,

Steve Demasly CEO

Synergyinnovations

http://reviews.ebay.com/how-to-avoid-chargebacks-on-paypal_W0QQugidZ10000000005695639

Back
Top Bottom