9/11

well said! lol

sounds bad me saying this,
but if we really want to invade a country, we will, thats just how it is.

though if i approve or not, thats a different subject.

yea, that's not something we need to get into here.

when something major, such as 9/11 occurs, people will place blame just about anywhere possible.

when something major, such as 9/11 occurs, people will place blame just about anywhere possible.

Well said. Some people would much rather have peace of mind by making up an excuse to expain evrything away easier, rather than staring at the cold hard facts.

Sometimes the truth is hard to swallow I guess.....

Personaly, I lost a cousin who was there in one of the towers at the time.

Sorry to hear that winslow..

at least you seem to have kept your head screwed on straight regarding 9/11. Horrible things happen to great people.

I watched the "102 Minutes that Changed America" documentary, damn good. I had never seen the video before of people jumping from the towers, that really hit hard.

For those who haven't seen the 102 Minutes that Changed America, I highly recommend it. Or at least those ignorant enough to think our country did this to itself. If some ignorant f**k were to walk up to me and say that to my face, he wouldn't have one after he uttered those words.

^ Let that be the last post regarding any political documentaries, comments, or theories. This thread isn't about that. It's about commemorating those who lost their lives during the attack.

i think we should be able to talk about what we wish as long as it pertains to September 11th, 2001.

so far this all has.

But what do i know.

i think we should be able to talk about what we wish as long as it pertains to September 11th, 2001.

so far this all has.

But what do i know.

Yeah.. I'm going to have to agree with you. The topic is 9/11.. Not Non politic-9/11.

Yes it started in the beginning as a Remember and RIP thread, but you can't drive a thread if it's on topic.

Let's not forget to remember those who lived and also saved lives. There were some very brave men on site when the towers came down.

Because I am in a private school, we did have a minute of silence. Which was not, in the least bit, respected by the majority of the kids in the school. That really pissed me off. And not much else was said of it that day. That doesn't really bother me much, though. Since some people are pretty sensitive about that.

Lives lost - RIP.

Yea I don't think it should be a majorly forced thing, but I definitely believe some form of respect should be given to those lives lost and the men and women who worked at ground zero.

It shouldn't ever be forgotten. Friday's date seemed to pass un-noticed.

In total 2,993 people, including the hijackers, died in the attacks. (attacks lasted 1 day)
in total 11,016,000 people died in battles during WW1, (war lasted 1566 days). (avg 1566 deaths per day)

do you really need a minutes silence once a year to commemorate the ~3000 people who died during the course of these attacks?
especially when you compare that to the 1 minutes silence that is given to the eleven million people who died in world war one, (we have remembrance/armistice day on 11/11 to commemorate this as this was the end of WW1, however that day also commemorates all those who have died in all wars).

I'm not saying that individually that you shouldn't remember the people who died in these attacks, but I don't see why this should be marked in calendars, as was suggested here.
remembrance of lost loved ones should be a private affair, not something a nation is told to do.

It has particular relevance to American citizens because it's only the second time in history that (non native) Americans have been attacked on their own land, (firstly pearl harbour, then 9/11 trade centre attacks). These terrorist attacks do not mark the start of a new era, the rules that governments disproportionately made after these attacks mark a new era of reduced civil liberties and eroded freedoms. -ironically enough, most people seem to support these measures, I mean we don't want terrorists to take away our lives or liberties, (so we let the governments do it so that they don't get a chance!).

For those of us in Britain, terrorist attacks have been an on going and real threat that people have lived with for decades.
(also ironic that America is now saving the world from terrorists now, when during the last century many Americans help to fund the IRA, who were carrying out terrorist attacks in the UK).

I'm not saying that you should just forget about it, or that it's not worth remembering, just that it shouldn't be an enforced day of remembrance, or a public holiday, yes, it's tragic that so many people died.

but really if you want to take a moment to think about the tragic events of that day, I really think that it should be a personal thing.

Back
Top Bottom