Can you give me a rough estimate??

flxjones

BSOD
My girlfriend was involved in an accident. she only had liability. she was at fault. this is what happened to her moms truck. how much do you guys think it'll cost me to repair this? will it be better to just replace the bed?? i know theres a lot of other things to consider ie the truck frame, the gas tank... but i just need to know more or less a repair like this will cost me (also i dont need a paint job bcus my cousin paints cars so he said he'll do it for free) Thanks!

http://community.webshots.com/album/574618701rXmefw

oh haha ahh ouuuucchhh. That is going to be a pretty penny because of where it's at.
You may have to replace the whole bed...

The free paint job will save you a TON of money... freaking paint is mad expensive...

As for a price range.. I'm not sure exactly. But IMO it looks like you need to replace the whole bed.

edit: ooowww ouch it's on the gas tank side too.

The good news is.... that you should only have to replace the bed, and then it looks like it should be good. The cab looks fine.

shit right along the body lines, going to have to replace that whole side because you cant get that out with magnet/decal magnet either kuz body lines..they will have to replace that whole piece and re-paint it.

better hope that frame isnt bent or twisted........

Its pretty far in on these trucks. If that wheel is as straight as it looks I bet the frame is fine too.

The good news is now you get to choose a better color to have your truck be, instead of white (unless you really dig the white)

^^I'm not really sure, since I haven't done any painting myself yet, but I think it might be easier to paint the body parts separate. That way you dont have to tape off a ton of stuff really.

Just the bed like already said probably.

ohh yea... then they'd just match colors....

so look at scrap yards. Then it just needs to be painted and bolted in.

this is a do-it-yourself job.

Like the rest of the guys said, just get a bed for the truck, they're easy as hell to replace. You'll save a lot of time and hassle dealing with insurance and a body shop.

Is there any vibration when driving the truck?
Does it drive true? In other words, can you let go of the wheel for a bit and it'll drive relatively straight?

If you end up replacing the bed and such yourself, you'll want to watch tire wear VERY closely following the repair to see if the frame is true. If you have a shop to it for you, don't worry about that, just make sure they check to make sure the frame is true.

Back
Top Bottom