Wanting a new PC..

Ben3fic1al

Solid State Member
Okay, I've actually posted here before.. but now I'm confused. First let me post this

Price: $1200
Processor Brand: Intel® Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Speed: 2.66GHz Cache Memory: 8MB on die Level 2 System Memory (RAM): 9GB System Memory (RAM) Expandable To: 24GB Type of Memory (RAM): DDR3 Hard Drive Type: Serial ATA (7200 rpm) Hard Drive Size: 1TB Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 Video Memory: 896MB Personal Video Recorder (PVR): No TV Tuner: No MPEG: Yes Audio: High-definition audio (7.1-channel support) Built-in Webcam: No Modem: None Network Card: Built-in 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector) Wireless Networking: None Recordable DVD Drive: Yes, double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Recordable DVD Drive Speeds: 8x DVD+R DL; 8x DVD-R DL; 16x8x16 DVD+RW; 16x6x16 DVD-RW; 5x DVD-RAM; 48x32x48 CD-RW Direct-Disc Labeling: No Digital Media Reader or Slots: Yes, digital media card reader Total Expansion Bays: External: 2 (5.25"); Internal: 2 (3.5") Available Expansion Bays: External: 1 (5.25"); Internal: 1 (3.5") Total Expansion Slots: 1 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16 Available Expansion Slots: 1 PCI-E, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16 USB 2.0 Ports: 8 IEEE 1394 Ports: 1 S-Video Outputs: 1 Additional Audio/Video Connectors: 2 DVI, 1 HDTV Serial Ports: None Parallel Ports: None Game Ports: None Keyboard Description: Razer USB gaming keyboard Other Control Devices (mouse, etc.): USB optical 2-button wheel mouse Operating System Platform: Windows Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with SP1 Software Included: Adobe Acrobat Reader 8, Microsoft Works 9.0, Nero 8 Essentials, and more ENERGY STAR Qualified: No HDMI Output: No Blu-ray Player: No

This was the PC I was pretty much set on buying until I started doing more research.. it is a PC from Best Buy and nearly all of the reviews there were positive.. the responces from my other thread were positive too BUT I just need to know for sure! I'm totally uninterested in building a computer from scratch because I do not have the time to learn and it doesn't really interest me much anyway.. I was really wanting a PC sooner than later but if anyone could find me a good deal online that I would have to have shipped to me that would be fine too..

I'm looking for a fairly good gaming rig for around $1000-1499ish.. my PC at home is HORRIBLE and nearly anything would be better than what I've got now.. I do game when I feel like it and I like for my games to look pretty when I play them. The only PC game I know of that I'm really looking forward to playing that I know I wouldn't be able to with my setup at home is Operation Flashpoint 2 which is coming out sometime next month and ArmA 2 which is out now.. I've tryed the demo and it destroyed my other PC at home. I just want something that I can get and start playing around on.. I don't want to buy a PC and fool with upgrading it and such.. I was looking at some of the PCs on Newegg and a lot of them looked really good but I don't know enough about the parts to say for sure which one I would like to buy..

I'm actually in a rush to go somewhere so sorry if this is poorly written but I just need some help.. bottom line, I need a gaming rig that's good for under $1500.... thanks!

It's an ASUS and it'll be used for gaming.. I don't really watch movies or anything on my PC. I just really need help because, while I'm not computer illiterate I don't trust myself enough to purchase something that I will be using for quite awhile without getting information from someone that most likely knows more than me about the subject. I don't even know if I want the ASUS.. I just want the best possible gaming computer I can get that's within the price range I said in my first post. I just want to be sure I get the best possible computer I can get because I won't be upgrading for awhile.. thanks again.

i would personally go for a dell xps, they might be a bit more expensive but dell support is extremely helpful if anything goes wrong.

A Dell XPS? How much more expensive are they? Are the specs better? I'm not really super worried about support.. I've actually had a friend that hated Dell because of theirs but that was a long time ago.. the only reason I'm starting to question the ASUS is because I looked on newegg at the prebuilts and I wasn't sure if the ASUS was better..

alienware is owned by dell and it would have pretty much the same specs as the asus except for half the ram and hard drive for the same money. i've only had good experiences with dell, dont get me started with hp tho.

Wait.. so it costs the same but the Dell is worse? So I'd just be paying more for the brand, right?

Dude a warning.
That computer is pretty beastly, more expensive then building your own but w.e.
The thing is when you pop in Arma 2 and the game totally lags and stuff, DO NOT GET MAD at your PC, IT IS THE GAME!!!!
Idk if you know that already but it still needs a few more patches before it will run good.
So for now the computer will run that game but you will get better performance down the road :)

Yeah.. I was actually shocked because when I played the first ArmA on my old PC when it was released I could barely play on all low.. I quit and came back like a year later and I could play on high/medium with decent(ish) FPS.. anyway thanks for the replies, guys. I looked into an XPS and I don't really want to pay more money for a worse computer but more mainstream brand. Bottom line, guys, will I be able to get a better prebuilt than the ASUS for around the same price or is it a good deal? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom