3D in films/games (thoughts?)

Sorry if this is a little off topic...

There are some people that take photographs (I know, you guys are talking mostly about video) that allow pretty good 3d without glasses. The idea is to take two photographs from slightly different positions, place the photos next to each other on your computer screen (or printout) and look at the two photos crosseyed. It may sound funny, and some people have trouble crossing their eyes correctly, but when you get it down the photos are true 3D and simply blow my mind.

Check it out:

Graham's Guide to 3D Photography

Did not really work for me.. All it did was make me feel like an idiot for moving my computer around while I stair at it with my eyes crossed.

Russel, I've indeed heard of that method, but cannot seem to do it myself, even though I used to be good at Magic Eye images.

Its something I've wanted to be able to do though.

EDIT:

I can do it using Google Image Search on little versions, but not bigger versions as of yet.

Really makes your eyes feel tired though

I find that that my head must be tilted correctly from side to side in addition to having my eyes pointed correctly in order to line up the images with each other. Sometimes I find myself rocking my head a little side to side till everything comes into focus.

Granted it is a little tricky, but some of the images are just amazing. I remember some photos that were taken from a moving airliner with clouds below that simply amazed me in 3D.

One thing is for sure, it will never be a real mainstream form of 3D photos. While it has a good following, it is not something that you can appriciate at a glance. That cuts down on it's popularity.

Did not really work for me.. All it did was make me feel like an idiot for moving my computer around while I stair at it with my eyes crossed.

Sometimes it helps to put your index finger a few inchs in front of your face focusing your eyes on it, and move it closer and farther to try and get the images to align.

Hey, you shouldn't feel like an idiot trying to get it to work unless you had someone watching you! ;)

parallel 3D works the best for me, and there is just as much content for that as cross eyed.

I realised why the cross-eyed method wasn't working properly for me. I was in fact viewing them in the parallel way, so that the 3D was reversed, and not crossing my eyes.

If you search Youtube, there are some good videos that use the method.

Back
Top Bottom