9/11

superman22x

Golden Master
Surprised there wasn't a thread yet... But I would like to remember this day... And everyone that died, or lost someone that day. Especially Bart Ruggiere... my birth father.

Ya know, I was just listening to the song, "Things my Father Said" by Blackstone Cherry... That song really hits home for me. And that's why I thought to post this...

It's simply astounding how much that day forever changed our lives. That attack didn't simply kill Americans, it also killed those from other countries ranging from Japanese businessmen to Australian tourists. It's simply mind boggling.

Just think about this - there will never be a pre-9/11/01 world again. Never.

Really sorry to hear that man..

God Bless the USA.

It pissed me off beyond belief. There was absolutely no mention of 9/11 today at school, despicable.

imo it should at least be marked on new calenders...

even if you shouldn't have to be reminded of what 9/11 is.

make it some sort of in service day or something, something that children know what it will be about 8 years later...

just imagine, kids that were born in 2001 are already 8 years old, and a few years away from middle school.

They have no idea what the world was like pre-9/11
They have missed so much
So much good things to.

And i have a cousin that works at the Pentagon, and she was working at a different area of the building for the day, and that plane that hit the building, hit in the section that her desk is in. believe that

they say every generation has an Ism,

WW2, had Nazism

Cold War - Communism

Now - Terrorism

i am sure i missed some gaps, but there always will be a power to fear.

Really sorry to hear that man..

God Bless the USA.

It pissed me off beyond belief. There was absolutely no mention of 9/11 today at school, despicable.
Same here... no mention of it at school at all.

I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Such a tragedy. It's crazy seeing how people are willing to kill so easily.

I remember 9/11/01 perfectly. It's very rare for me to remember yesterday perfectly, let alone 8 years ago.. 5th grade class.. It first started when the teachers were all scrambling around the building, then the next thing you know, students were being signed out almost every minute.. Then my teacher turns on the TV and we see the first tower smoking.. Shortly there after, we saw the second plane hit... And then after that, the buildings going down. These are images I will never forget.

I find it appalling that there isn't more done to remember this day. At the high school football game yesterday, all recognition that was given was the flag flying at half-mast and get this, 10 seconds of silence.\

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Back
Top Bottom