file conversion.

sniperviper21

Golden Master
ok, so iv about had it with this crap lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v502MYrCMS8

i use this program called Any Video Converter

and i convert the AVI video files from FrAPS to mpeg 2 files, WMV files, and MKV files, an when i upload them to youtube, they look like complete crap, as u can see from the link. and obviously that is not how it looks in game.

How do i get them to load to youtube with great quality and be able to use the HD feature as well?

Step by Step instructions would be nice.

Thanks!

ok, so iv about had it with this crap lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v502MYrCMS8

i use this program called Any Video Converter

and i convert the AVI video files from FrAPS to mpeg 2 files, WMV files, and MKV files, an when i upload them to youtube, they look like complete crap, as u can see from the link. and obviously that is not how it looks in game.

How do i get them to load to youtube with great quality and be able to use the HD feature as well?

Step by Step instructions would be nice.

Thanks!

your video isn't "that" bad, even in fullscreen, I've seen way worse and you won't get it to look exactly like ingame, but this will be a long post, and if you're as frustrated as I was when I started doing it the length of this post will be inconsequential compared to the end result...

use virtualdub, google it, it's free, I use the version 1.9.1 AMD 64 bit version with my Q6600 (version 1.0.3 kept crashing my video for some reason), it takes a lot longer, especially if you're gonna add music but the quality difference is worth it for me, if I do something I want to do it right, it's also exact editing, down to a single frame at a time if you extract the raw video file, but be forewarned, the raw video file WILL BE HUGE but like I said it will allow for exact editing and then will encode to h264 in ~ 1/30th the size and videos will come out looking good to great...good if you just encode the FRAPS video to h264 then upload it, and great if you extract the raw video file and then encode it to h264 and then upload it to youtube (and by good and great I mean in HD and full screen mode which is what I'm assuming you want, just about all videos look good in the little box, getting it clear in fullscreen is the hard part)...

these are examples with a monitor that doesn't do full 1080p so I record in 720p which is actually the highest res YouTube can do, 1080p would look even clearer but the files would be even bigger (1080p would be ginormously huge), here are some samples...

straight from FRAPS to h264 for upload...

extracting raw video file from FRAPS, then encoding to h264 for upload in 720p, and at 1600x1200...

when you download virtualdub, unless you already have the h264 codec you will have to download the k-lite codec pack which is shown in the "virtualdub best settings" video I'm linking, it should look like this...

h264.jpg

here are the settings I use from a great YouTube tutorial video on encoding, props to Mamboi without some of my own personal tweaks which I will show at the end of the post, this is also a good tutorial for how to edit...

the only thing I absolutely hate about virtualdub which takes forever and multiple edits is adding a song to make a music video, you have to edit and then save with no audio, then go and add the audio from a .wav file (for adding to raw video) or an MP3 file (for h.264 encoded video) after the video has been edited AND SAVED, this is why...when you edit the video it edits the audio as well even if the audio hasn't been added yet (weird, I know, but it remembers where you cut or deleted video footage and cuts out the audio at those parts as well), even if you add the audio after you're done editing the video, I tried this thinking I had outsmarted virtualdub, "I'll add the music AFTER I edit the video", nope, the song was cut in the exact same spots in the middle and for the exact same length of time the video had been cut, if I chopped out a 2 minute block of video in the middle, 2 minutes of corresponding audio in the middle at the exact same spot had been cut out as well, there's no way around it, if you want the video audio you're all good because the sounds will sync up with the video, if they're off a bit you can edit the audio interleaving by milliseconds (one second equals 1000ms)...

step by step...

1. download virtualdub and download the k-lite codec pack if you open up virtualdub and the h.264 codec is not listed in your "video editing" options...

2. drag and drop your video onto the virtualdub desktop shortcut or open virtualdub and click file>open>"filename"...

3. encode the full video in h.264 if you don't want to edit, or edit the video and then encode in h.264, if you want to use a music file, then save as no audio and then open the new video with no audio and add the audio/music you want, a tip for speeding up the slow and lengthy process is to encode it at low quality video (I use 30 or 40 for the video quality, aka ratefactor, in the h.264 settings when doing this, it'll encode faster and take up less space) to see if the audio syncs up, when you get it synced up then re encode it with either the 20 setting for quality/ratefactor that the previous tutorial suggested or use something less to increase the quality even more, I use 10 if possible, but a few videos were so big (50-60GBs raw video) I had to use 20 to keep it under the YouTube limit, what I talk about here will make sense if you watch Mamboi's tutorial...

ratefactor setting...

h264con.jpg

if you have any further questions pm me, and dude, when you start getting the quality videos that you want, this really gets addicting, I have a few videos in process right now, already have ~10 videos and only planned on doing a few when I started, it's a fun and inexpensive hobby though...

good luck...

if I do something I want to do it right

ha, sounds like me when i do ANYTHING, be it at work, buying a new car, ect lol.

why do it wrong the first time and hafto spend extra time and money to fix what u F'd up on? lol

but THANKS!

i'll try it out.

Back
Top Bottom